No notifications for downloaded apps?

Tony Balogna

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I recently reset my phone... this wasn't an issue beforehand and now it is.

I have messenger (for facebook chat) and 6snap (for snapchat), but they aren't giving me any notifications. When I go to the "notification + actions" section in settings, they don't appear under the list of apps... and there is no option to add an app!

Would my only choice be to uninstall and reinstall the apps?

Tony Balogna

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey primortal, thanks for your answer.

How do I know if they're allowed to run in the background? I went into settings on messenger could not find an option about running the app in the background. There's an option in 6snap's settings to run a "background agent" (which I assume to be what you refer to), but it's still not appearing in the notification settings.

Tony Balogna

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your answer.

It works with 6snap (which is now appearing under the notification settings out of the blue, really), but messenger doesn't have this option. What's also interesting is that some apps which don't have the option do appear under the notification settings.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
The app needs to have toasts/notifications enabled in its own settings, if they're optional, and then it needs to actually send one before it shows up in the notification settings. Apparently the OS doesn't know which apps can send notifications until the first notification is sent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss