Resetting phone in foreign country

SirNic

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Samsung mobile to 8.1 a few months ago in the U.K and saved a back up to the cloud.
If I went to a foreign country such as Tanzania where the Windows 8.1 update is not yet available and reset my phone would I still be able to recover the phone to 8.1? :straight:
The mobile is an unlocked Samsung ATIV.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Samsung mobile to 8.1 a few months ago in the U.K and saved a back up to the cloud.
If I went to a foreign country such as Tanzania where the Windows 8.1 update is not yet available and reset my phone would I still be able to recover the phone to 8.1? :straight:
The mobile is an unlocked Samsung ATIV.
Resetting the phone won't change what version of Windows or firmware it has. As for restoring your settings and apps, I'm 99% sure that is based on the Microsoft account you backed it up to. I don't think apps are actually backed up just a record you had them and their settings if your version of Windows does that. The apps themselves get reinstalled rather than restored. So I believe apps that are no longer available would not get reinstalled. I don't know how your region setting would affect app reinstalling. It would probably depend on what MS policy is regarding apps from different regions. If its forbidden despite being possible and you have apps from different regions, restore might complain but that sounds like it would make so many people mad that I would guess each app would be reinstalled from the region it was originally installed from rather than the phone's MS account current region at time of restore. If you don't have apps from numerous regions it wouldn't matter for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon