Who uses "Quiet Hours"?

anon(8763253)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I use it for night time I have it set from 1 AM until 7am stops people disturbing during the night.. And I keep my family in the "inner circle "

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I have a question and wondering if Quiet Hours could work for me? Basically, I to keep my ringer on and text noises on during my times outside of work, but want my phone silent during work hours. Is that what Quiet Hours is for? I still need my phone to vibrate and ring and don't want it to block people. I basically just want my phone to turn to vibrate (ringer off) at a time I set (when I get to work) and turn ringer and vibrate on at a time I set (when I leave work), but still be able to get text messages, notifications from apps, etc while at work

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
So, I have a question and wondering if Quiet Hours could work for me? Basically, I to keep my ringer on and text noises on during my times outside of work, but want my phone silent during work hours. Is that what Quiet Hours is for? I still need my phone to vibrate and ring and don't want it to block people. I basically just want my phone to turn to vibrate (ringer off) at a time I set (when I get to work) and turn ringer and vibrate on at a time I set (when I leave work), but still be able to get text messages, notifications from apps, etc while at work

This guy right here has your answer

Every time my calendar is marked BUSY, Quiet Hours is on. The Knock knock feature is always enabled, so if there is an emergency folks can break through. I love quiet hours, and I'm spoiled now by not having to think to put my phone on silent!

Yes it could. Set your work schedule in your calendar and mark those hours as you being busy. From quiet hours you would have the option to activate it on a schedule as well as when your calendar marks you as being "busy"

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes it could. Set your work schedule in your calendar and mark those hours as you being busy. From quiet hours you would have the option to activate it on a schedule as well as when your calendar marks you as being "busy"

But won't Quiet Hours block any call or text unless I specify it (ie adding the contact/number to my inner circle)? Will notifications come through from other apps like GroupMe or IM+, or email and Cortana notifications. What about text messages from a stranger or phone calls from numbers I don't know that I may need to come through in case they are emergencies? I know about the 3 call feature where it will "break through" if it appears as an emergency, but what about other things?

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
But won't Quiet Hours block any call or text unless I specify it (ie adding the contact/number to my inner circle)? Will notifications come through from other apps like GroupMe or IM+, or email and Cortana notifications. What about text messages from a stranger or phone calls from numbers I don't know that I may need to come through in case they are emergencies? I know about the 3 call feature where it will "break through" if it appears as an emergency, but what about other things?

I'll defer to someone with more experience with those other apps. Stuff from strangers or anyone not in the "inner circle" would cause the phone to alert you. Maybe future iterations would be able to set more conditions such as certain apps being able to still get through and only calls or texts from specific people being able to get through.

By the way, I use quiet hours and have since i installed the dev preview. Keeps me sane and i dont need any help staying awake.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I love it also, especially the calendar-based quiet time functionality. I also suggested they add an option for location-based functionality. When you're at work, it goes quiet. When you're at church, it goes quiet.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
With the cyan update, this was one of the features that was a must for me !! every night till up time. Great feature quiet hrs ..

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
It's about the only part of Cortana that I regularly use.

If MS released "Quiet Hours" as a separate app then I could quite happily live without Cortana.

I totally agree, there is no reason to tie Quiet Hours to Cortana.

I love Quiet Hours, and with the Swype-like keyboard they are the reason why I updated to WP8.1. They compensate the slower performance by making everything easier.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I use it manually every night when I got to bed and every morning when I wake up.

I used to try using it at work but then it would be annoying to my coworkers when my daughter or spouse or a parent texted so at work I just use the volume. :-/

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I use it everyday, I turn it on before sleep + while studying.
It's really awesome and better than the silent mode!, you still get phone calls from who you love or care about.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I do not use quiet hours require Cortana to be on in the background.i will ill afford to do it since she drains my battery.Hey all do we also need data connection all the time to use quiet hours.nd how is your toll on battery life due to Cortana.plz reply guys.
From Windows phone

Aniket Bhat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Same here.. During college hours... Really very useful set to schedule 7.45 am-2.45 pm... But i noticed a glitch.. at times when I manually turn it off it goes back on with a few hours.. within the given timing though.. But still kind irritating..

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Quiet Hours is a main feature of WIndows 8.1, it's the reason I use my Phone with USA region. Though I don't understand the need to couple it to Cortana. The coupling with busy items in the agenda, and the break through for the inner circle are perfect!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I use it to keep the phone silent while I sleep. The people I Skype with are only active during the early morning here...

Quiet Hours is a main feature of WIndows 8.1, it's the reason I use my Phone with USA region. Though I don't understand the need to couple it to Cortana. The coupling with busy items in the agenda, and the break through for the inner circle are perfect!
Cortana can be thought of as a centralized hub of sorts, I suppose. Using Quiet Hours under Cortana helps Cortana gather info as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte