Confused about Cyan update and Canada. Lumia 1020

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

New member here. I have a Rogers (Canada) Lumia 1020 with the Lumia Cyan update. I'm confused about whether we Canada has received the full Windows 8.1 Update 1 or not. I seem to get conflicting info when I search online. According to my "Phone update" app I'm running Lumia cyan and my phone is up to date. However there is no Cortana on my phone whatsoever. It's not listed in the settings anywhere or in the apps list.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kris

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If you want Cortana just change your region and language to US, for now. I did and it works fine.

That worked! Thank you. Weird how the app just magically appears after restarting. Obviously it was on the phone already. Why won't they "activate" it for Canada?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Be aware that you can't use your Canadian card to buy apps when you set the region to USA. I got around this by adding my PayPal.

dezzilakk

May 3, 2014
Visit site
That worked! Thank you. Weird how the app just magically appears after restarting. Obviously it was on the phone already. Why won't they "activate" it for Canada?

Microsoft aren't really going by logic, I'm afraid. I can use Cortana just fine using the US region, even though I'm in Quebec. Everything works as supposed to. I used the Update 1 at some point, and the Cortana "Alpha" in Canada was buggy as hell. I don't know why they do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon