Why did my phone upgrade to Cyan with I went to update my Recovery Tool?

Bhairav Yammanur

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
WP 8.1 OS problem on L720

I'm Nokia Lumia 720 user. I was on PFD & recently due to some reasons I had to use Nokia Software Recovery Tool and unfortunately my phone was upgraded to cyan instead of Black :( From them the problem started. One day suddenly, when I was using mobile data.. Signal used to drop within 20 sec of turning on the mobile data. I thought of boosting my phone by switching it off. But when I switched my phone on.. Suddenly phone appeared in charging mode. But d phone is unplugged & the screen had struck. After few minutes it was in mobile state but the back button, start button and search button had no lights. More over brightness was not responding. It was in high mode and even if I change it to low or automatic, it was not responding. Then I tried to lock the screen. Suddenly phone had switched off. I again tried to switch it on and the situation was same as described above. After a few iterations I tried to do soft reset( Vol down + Power buttons). Fon had turned off but couldn't restart. manually I had to restart. To end this problem I thought of writing WP 8.1 again from Nokia Software recovery tool. This software wrote 8.1 Cyan OS on my fon but finally at the time of restart( Finally it automatically gets restarted --> It gives a time of 180 seconds) my fon couldn't restart. It displayed on the software that " Your phone couldn't restart automatically. please do it manually" Then I manually tried for restart n still the problem is persisting. For a couple of days I had switched of my fon. N finally one day I took it to Nokia Care. When I tried to switch on the fon there, it had functioned normally without any problem n they told ur phone is working fine. And a day later I tried to switch it off the problem repeated. So what actually is the problem with my phone. If any one understood this please help me out!! Please......
Thanks in advance

anubhav756

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 OS problem on L720

I have 720 too, and am little worried as these x20 series don't have a processor for supporting features coming from new updates. I think Snapdragon 400 processor will be adequate to keep going for about a year or so. So I suggest you buy 730 now. It's cheaper than the 720 I guess, and has everything better than 720 (and ofcourse S400 processor and 1gb ram)

Cheers...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 OS problem on L720

Try reverting to the Lumia Black firmware and see what happens.

It feels like something went wrong during the flashing of Cyan on your 720, but I can't pinpoint what.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99