Can anyone help me connect my Bluetooth to my car?

Stephen Bennett1

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Please Help with Bluetooth

Hi I have as many others do.....a fault with my Bluetooth connecting to my car my previous windows phones connecting beautifully would even read texts etc etc as my car bluetooth system is windows too.

However since i bought a 925 it will connect then disconnect very quickly. I have tried resetting and rebooting and have decided i must re install the software maybe person who did it didn't do it correctly or there was a bug.

So how do i do this as i like loads of other people still using windows vista and xp i know i need to download the nokia recovery tool but how can i without windows 7 there must be a way otherwise i just dont get it, it seems a stupid decision please help someone. unless theres anything else i can try to make bluetooth work

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please Help with Bluetooth

You can use this software - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Since you're already hard reset I'm assuming you've backed up your stuff?

This will erase everything and install a new firmware. You need a PC, internet connection and USB cable. If you haven't attached your phone to your computer before be sure to give it a minute or two to sort itself out and connect in an unlocked state.

The download is fairly large so will take some time.

Stephen Bennett1

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

hi sorry not sure i mad myself clear....... I can't use that as its saying i have to have windows 7 i like millions of other people only have xp or vista to use is there anyway to do it on vista or xp

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

hi sorry not sure i mad myself clear....... I can't use that as its saying i have to have windows 7 i like millions of other people only have xp or vista to use is there anyway to do it on vista or xp

Nope. Sorry to hear you're stuck with Xp and Vista.

Not sure how to help you. All the software the MS/Nokia bring out is for Win 7+.

I'd highly recommend upgrading though. Support for Xp is gone and Vista won't be too far away.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

can i do it through Zune or what ever the name was thought you could upgrade through them

No Zune doesn't work with WP8. Also there never was a way to upgrade the phone via a computer. The software that I put the link to is the only option here.

Any friends with a Win 7 computer or do you know anyone who may 'help' you?

Stephen Bennett1

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

no there all losers like me and have xp or vista massive problem. dont even know if it will fix my bluetooth problem really

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

no there all losers like me and have xp or vista massive problem. dont even know if it will fix my bluetooth problem really

Most problems with WP are software related I hate to say. Yes there are hardware issues too. A lot of the issues typically show up around updates as well.

What country do you live in? You shouldn't use the term loser. That's not really the issue I'd expect.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

BT connectivity with car audio is a known problem. Many cars are having a problem. One thing I would suggest though is to completely remove the pairing from your car and delete it completely and try and discover it again.
Which car stereo do you have? There might be a firmware upgrade for it. For your Windows Phone, you're going to have to wait till the next version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven