Is ther a way to only get email headers and attachments?

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Email Settings For POP3 Account in 8.1

Is there a way in settings for Nokia 920 running 8.1 to only get email headers and get the attachments if I access. I would like to limit the data use by this email account. It is a POP3 account.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Email Settings For POP3 Account in 8.1

You might want to look at a 3rd party mail app for this. Having it fetch email headers is one thing, but then getting the attachments kinda changes the picture. If you're trying to limit the data use, why would you want attachments?
Another way around it if you are really trying to limit your data use is to create a separate email account. Call this your "notification" account. You don't use it for anything other than the email account you check for notifications of emails from your primary account. Then, on your primary account, just have it send you a notification that you have an email and that's it.

Plimbob

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Email Settings For POP3 Account in 8.1

You might want to look at a 3rd party mail app for this. Having it fetch email headers is one thing, but then getting the attachments kinda changes the picture. If you're trying to limit the data use, why would you want attachments?
Another way around it if you are really trying to limit your data use is to create a separate email account. Call this your "notification" account. You don't use it for anything other than the email account you check for notifications of emails from your primary account. Then, on your primary account, just have it send you a notification that you have an email and that's it.

Ijleebiker, I meant to say only get the attachments if I want to download. I use GoDaddy for this email and its my business email and at times clients will send me a large attachment and its downloading. I had have used this account for 6 years and it didn't use large volumes of data until I went to the 920 with WP8, I had a Nokia 900 before that and a BB before that and in neither case did it use data. Give you an idea of the data volume, the Godaddy mail used 5.2 GB.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers