How do I get these WinPho 8.0 features back in 8.1?

mootsg

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Loving WinPho 8.1, but:

1) I used to be able to get Facebook messages inside my stock Messaging app, but it seems to have stopped since I installed Facebook Messenger. I've now uninstalled FB Messenger, but FB messages haven't come back to Messaging. Help?

2) Any 3rd party suggestions for getting the old Recent page (previously in the People's Hub) back? It's seriously inconvenient to look up correspondence history in 8.1.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
1) Facebook has moved away from that approach hence you'll need the messenger to access your Facebook messages

2) functionality has been removed from the Facebook app

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Loving WinPho 8.1, but:

1) I used to be able to get Facebook messages inside my stock Messaging app, but it seems to have stopped since I installed Facebook Messenger. I've now uninstalled FB Messenger, but FB messages haven't come back to Messaging. Help?

2) Any 3rd party suggestions for getting the old Recent page (previously in the People's Hub) back? It's seriously inconvenient to look up correspondence history in 8.1.

1. Windows Phone 8.1 doesn't have Facebook Messenger built in any more simply because of missing features compared to a separate app. That's why you need Facebook Messenger.

2. You need the Facebook app and you need to connect it to your phone, once that is done then updates will show in the People Hub.

Facebook Integration was removed in 8.1 because it had too many missing features compared to other platforms that use apps, unlike those platforms WP required updates to the core OS to add new features.

mootsg

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Point is, I used to get Facebook messages in Messaging within _8.1_, but it stopped working after I installed FB Messenger. Which makes me think I'm missing something. Am I?

So there's no 3rd party app to replace the Recent page function?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Point is, I used to get Facebook messages in Messaging within _8.1_, but it stopped working after I installed FB Messenger. Which makes me think I'm missing something. Am I?

So there's no 3rd party app to replace the Recent page function?

That's weird, because 8.1 never had that functionality.
o_o

mootsg

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
That's weird, because 8.1 never had that functionality.
o_o
Sorry for the super tardy reply. I looked up my message log, and you're right--the feature was killed by 8.1, not the new version of Facebook.

I've a 3rd question: In WinPho 8, I used to be able to one-tap share webpages to virtually any app--Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc. After 8.1 however, most of the apps have disappeared from the share list, most prominently Twitter, LinkedIn, LINE. Why? Is this due to some OS change that the app publisher has neglected to implement?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte