Hello Community,

I did some searching for this problem, but I couldn't find a definitive answer. Essentially, Windows Mobile (6.5, I believe) allowed the phone to always be on while it was charging. This was perfectly awesome while it was docked as I could just glance right over to get an instant overview of all my items.

However, with Windows Phone 8.1, this does not seem possible. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this and/or make a request to MSFT to make it possible?

Thank you,
    Michael
    10-14-2014 05:40 PM
    I know you should be able to set the screen timeout at Never, but I think that might be too cumbersome.

I don't think we have the same on battery/plugged in option, however, most Lumia's have a feature called Glance, which can display notifications and other info. And it can be set to be always on when charging, which I think is the most practical option.

There is a UserVoice site for Windows Phone which lets people add feedback and upvote feedback they agree with.
    Mike-EEE likes this.
    10-14-2014 05:48 PM
    You can set the screen to not lock manually when you need it and change it to a specific time later, however only Glance is shown up when phone is charging.
    Probably we might see something like this in future update.

In the meanwhile you can leave a suggestion here http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/ .
    Mike-EEE likes this.
    10-14-2014 05:48 PM
    It's also a firmware type of thing to have the screen timeout to 'never', and then it was up to the carrier to allow that setting. I remember a while back some people on one carrier got the 'never' setting, but on another carrier (same phone) they didn't.
    10-14-2014 08:22 PM
    Great, thanks all.

Looks like I am in the minority here, or just not with the right hardware company. :P
    *cant post link because i am a newb, sigh*

Sounds like some versions of Windows Phone turn on after charging starts.

Anyways, I found this vote already out there for this feature (and have voted, thanks!):
    *cant post link because i am a newb, sigh*
    10-15-2014 12:35 PM
    I found a way to get around the link block, sorta. You can get the gist of it. Here's the link to my voted suggestion:
    windowsphone-uservoice-com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/5780733-make-it-an-option-to-have-the-phone-turn-on-off-wh

And here's the other, more requested item that counters it (it should be heavily customized option, it appears!)
    windowsphone-uservoice-com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2845712-keep-phone-switched-off-phone-while-charging-no
    10-15-2014 04:48 PM