Why is Internet Explorer draining my battery?

Kritner

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Background internet explorer battery drain "not allowed in background"

To elaborate on the title. I have a lumia 1020, and have disabled internet explorer from running in the background. However, it seems that more often than not, internet explorer is using *most* of my battery, and according to the battery details as a background process.

What could be causing this? I have used IE for all of 5 minutes today when checking out a cortana article, and made sure to back button out of IE - however it is the majority of my battery drain for the day.

I took several screenshots showing its usage... but haven't checked how to get them off phone and/or post them here yet.

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and I think it's an issue in battery saver, it just doesn't give proper informations.

Could you please tell me if and how you got rid of this?

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
It was a bug in battery saver, it ****ed up with gmail account...I don't know why, I only removed my gmail account and everything came back to work properly.

placencjusz

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Did your phone (I have a Lumia 1020) heat up very fast while using Internet Explorer for lets say about 15 minutes?
During IE usage the battery drains extremly fast. Did you experience the same issue?
After 15 minutes it is very hot - I'm worried that a longer usage may do some harm to the phone due to the very hot temperature...

The back of the phone and the screen is getting very hot - if you did experience the same issue, please respond.
I do not have the drain problem while not using the phone - it is cold while idle!

I have WP version 8.10.12393.890
Firmware version: 3051.50009.1424.0003

placencjusz

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know how to get rid of this problem. The hone heats up very much while browsing the web and i don't know how to get rid of this. If anyone on this forum knows, please respond.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really don't know.

My 920 does heat up quite a bit browsing over cellular, not sure if its normal or not. Kicking it down to 2G only slightly helps.

I was thinking it was normal, but i really don't know.

placencjusz

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Believe me, this is not normal. After some time browsing, you can seriously feel, that this is not a normal temperature of a phone.
Just a few more degrees, and it may burn your skin. It is really uncomfortable after some time, and I read lot of opinions, and I can see, that my phone is not the only case of this. I seriously hope, that Denim is going to change something about it :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon