10-27-2014 01:26 PM
77 ... 234
tools
    Except for Verizon (and Sprint). The only fault here would be choosing Verizon in the first place, but because they have the overall the best coverage in the US, for some users there's little choice.
    Absolutely. I didn't want to name names.

But the fact remains that carriers only do business in ways the customers will put up with. If a customer chooses a carrier it is because they (often incorrectly) think that choice is what's best for them. As such, they are only experiencing the down sides as well as the good sides because of their choice. Blaming MS for letting carriers do something makes about as much sense as complaining to your in-laws for passing blonde genes to your spouse when you prefer red heads.

The carriers are there to make money. If customers want them to behave differently, enough of them have to spend their money elsewhere. I understand not having the will to do anything but they shouldn't whine about what others (including MS) haven't done.
    10-27-2014 11:56 AM
    Absolutely. I didn't want to name names.

But the fact remains that carriers only do business in ways the customers will put up with. If a customer chooses a carrier it is because they (often incorrectly) think that choice is what's best for them. As such, they are only experiencing the down sides as well as the good sides because of their choice. Blaming MS for letting carriers do something makes about as much sense as complaining to your in-laws for passing blonde genes to your spouse when you prefer red heads.

The carriers are there to make money. If customers want them to behave differently, enough of them have to spend their money elsewhere. I understand not having the will to do anything but they shouldn't whine about what others (including MS) haven't done.
    I went to upstate New York this spring and my phone was on Verizon and it never missed a beat. My wife's phone at the time was on T-Mobile and she had no service except in Buffalo. Zip in Syracuse, Ithaca or Watkins Glen. Coverage is the first, most important decision when selecting a device otherwise, it's just a pretty expensive paperweight.
    10-27-2014 01:26 PM
77 ... 234