Epocrates NOT actually working on windows app?

TheBog

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
August 22 WPC posted a story titled "Epocrates working on bringing their medical app to Windows Phone" saying "Epocrates is coming to Windows Phone. That's what we've just learned from the official Epocrates Twitter account. As you probably know, Epocrates is one of the most popular names in software for the healthcare field. Physicians, nurses, and others in the medical industry use various apps from the company to quickly look up drug interactions, drug information, diagnostic information and more. Here's what Epocrates said when asked on Twitter if they had any plans to make a Windows Phone app: 'We promise you that we're working on it! Thanks for reaching out.'"

I used to use windows phones right when they first started out and I absolutely loved it. Since entering pharmacy school, however, I just couldn't stay with them. You need a medical reference app on hospital rounds. I was sad to leave windows for apple. So imagine my excitement when I read that epocrates will FINALLY develop an app for windows phones. Waiting about 2 months, I emailed epocrates to check on the status of said app. This is response I received.

"Good day,
Thank you for contacting support at Epocrates, an athenahealth service.
Epocrates does not currently support Windows Phone and there are not any plans at this time to support Windows Phone in the future.
Epocrates is available for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Android platforms (including Amazon Kindle Fire, and Barnes & Noble Nook HD.) We hope that you will continue to use Epocrates on these platforms, or access Epocrates Online through a computer.
If you are interested in what mobile devices Epocrates currently supports, please see the following page.
(link to epocrates transition)
Please let us know if you require further assistance.
Regards,
Roxanne
Epocrates Support"

Um... If this is true, this would be terrible terrible news and I couldn't switch back. Windows phone desperately needs a medical app.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
samething Life360 told me. then 5 months later they submitted the app to the store. Many times companies don't discuss publicly what they are working. Softcard "isis" has been working on an app for over a year now and still nothing. so it goes both ways

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss