The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hope this is a good place to ask this. I got my daughter a Nokia 520 since they were cheap to use as a wifi only device. I'm not sure how to go about setting it up for her though. Would it be best to just use my account and set up Kids Corner on it? or Apps Corner? Would there be any limitations to going this route? She will want to use the camera and I think that will still work.

I can make her an account as well if that would be better. Would there be any problems using a Kids account on a phone though? I haven't tried it but I thought there might be some issues with accessing all aspects of some apps with a kids account. Like uploading pictures to onedrive for example. Thanks
    10-21-2014 02:48 PM
    Kids corner locks them to what you set up for them ! you could also set up the feature wallet to stop them from emptying your bank account. Its easy to set up and really a 4 pin sign in feature. You can have more than 1 phone on 1 account or separately if you need. Only matter of setting up with different MS email account. You could top this up with vouchers.
    Last edited by broughshane; 10-21-2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: better info
    10-21-2014 02:59 PM
    Thanks, I'll probably go that route to start with at least. Also, I'm sure if I fullly understand what the difference between Kids Corner and App Corner is. Does App Corner enable more features that what is available in Kids Corner? I don't have 8.1 on my phone yet so haven't been able to play with it.
    10-21-2014 03:28 PM
    App corner is more locked down. What you put in it is all they can do ! were kids corner will let them use more features and share music, apps, videos and games along with there own start screen, while still being locked down.
    10-21-2014 03:41 PM
    10-21-2014 03:49 PM

Thanks for the links. I had seen the first one but not the second.
    Microsoftjunkie likes this.
    10-21-2014 04:01 PM
    Have you done this yet? I would like to do the same. I want to get my younger son a phone, but not connect it to the cellular network. They have Wi-Fi at school and we have it at home, plus most places we go. I figure he can get in touch with me through Skype, or whatever chat app he wants to use. Can I do this? For $50, this seems like a great option without the cellular bill. Anyone done this? How does it work? Still get OS updates? Developer Preview? How about firmware updates? Unlocked phone?
    11-19-2014 12:59 PM
    Just go wifi only, no issues. Naturally limitted places where device can be used but under wifi u can do all what is needed!
    11-21-2014 07:58 AM