We need a lot more lock screen apps /Opinion

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Tetra Lockscreen is pretty great and useful, more glance and go imo. It's now my Lockscreen for my 625. Perhaps native apps could have a lock screen extension API or,something similar. Just a thought.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried Tetra lock screen, and while it looks great, it makes unlocking my 925 slow as hell. It took 5 seconds just for the lockscreen to appear. The same happened with that beta live lock screen. Since this app is coming directly from M$, it should've been instant. I uninstalled it in a minute.

Until a live lock screen that is actually useful is released, I'll stick to default one.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried Tetra lock screen, and while it looks great, it makes unlocking my 925 slow as hell. It took 5 seconds just for the lockscreen to appear. The same happened with that beta live lock screen. Since this app is coming directly from M$, it should've been instant. I uninstalled it in a minute.

Until a live lock screen that is actually useful is released, I'll stick to default one.
It's Microsoft or MS and not M dollar sign.
Now that we've got that cleared up, tetra lock screen is useful. Hopeful GDR2 fixes the API interaction to make it a true Lockscreen replacement,handled by the system.

Last edited:

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I love tetra lock screen, but sometimes it takes a while to appear. This doesn't occur all the time which is quite strange. If the developer can add MSN application integration and a torch or flashlight, I think it'll be the lock screen application I've always wanted.

I do hope they can fix the jittering in a later update. It's no where near as bad as the live lock screen beta was though.

I have an ATT Lumia 920 on DP with Cyan.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Until a lock screen app behaves and feels like the default one then I'm not messing with it. Tetra is pretty nice looking though.

fpetro22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's Microsoft or MS and not M dollar sign.
Now that we've ggot that cleared up, tetra lock screen is useful. Hopeful GDR2 fixes the API interaction to make it a true Lockscreen replacement,handled by the system.

It's got with one g not two.........Now that we've got that cleared up :wink:

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to sound pessimistic, but I see absolutely no need for a lock screen app. I'm perfectly happy seeing a picture of my daughters when I unlock my phone. Setting s different image everytime I glance our unlock my phone does not interest me. If it works for everyone else, I'm excited for you. I have a hard time understanding the practicality of it.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
That's not what I mean. I mean apps that add functionality to the lockscreen a la Tetra Lockscreen
I'm sorry to sound pessimistic, but I see absolutely no need for a lock screen app. I'm perfectly happy seeing a picture of my daughters when I unlock my phone. Setting s different image everytime I glance our unlock my phone does not interest me. If it works for everyone else, I'm excited for you. I have a hard time understanding the practicality of it.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It's Microsoft or MS and not M dollar sign. (gee, touchy...)
Now that we've got that cleared up, tetra lock screen is useful. Hopeful GDR2 fixes the API interaction to make it a true Lockscreen replacement,handled by the system.

Waiting 5 seconds for my phone to wake up is certainly not useful. If I wanted to wait, I'd just get an cheap android. It needs to be instant. Until it is, it's useless for me.
Once it loads its great, though there's not enough widgets available (yet, I presume)

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Is Tetra lock screen US only? Can't seem to get it on Lumia 630

Yes its only in the US app store. Change your region settings to US, download app then switch back to your own region.

I have done this on my L930 here in Australia and I'm experiencing no lags and all its features work perfect.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
We need to wait for Microsoft to optimize and release the API for lockscreen management.
The real goal is to have a fast lockscreen experience, so whatever the lockscreen app will do, it shall be done FAST or any regular user won't even think using it.

Furthermore we need API to allow NFC unlock ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro