Has anyone else had All The Buttons on their Lumia Icon Stop Working?

SQLvariant

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
On Tuesday morning all of the external buttons on my Lumia Icon (929) stopped working. The camera, power, volume up & volume down buttons all produce no response except if I hold down the power button long enough to cause a reboot.

Once the screen times out, the only way to wake the phone back up is for someone to call or text me (or reboot obviously). Plugging and/or un-plugging the phone, which usually causes the screen to wake up, is only sometimes causing the screen to wake up now.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I'm running Developer Preview (but I have not installed todays critical update).

Last edited:

SQLvariant

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to try something, last night I let the battery drain all the way down until it powered itself off. I was hoping that somehow this would do something different than the hard reboots I had been doing. But it's still having the same problem.

SQLvariant

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know!!! I thought that was going to be my savior. Unfortunately, the Icon doesn't have this feature. (and since I can't get the keys to work I can't take a screenshot of the menu either.)

SQLvariant

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hard reset will happen after work tonight if I don't figure something else out. Only problem is that I'm having difficulty connecting my phone to my Surface. I wanted to explore the phone drive and make sure that I had pulled all of my files off.

mustafaf

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I did the critical update and my power button (and the volume/camera button) stopped working. If I plug it into the power.. I can get the shell to come back on. Did the hard reset fix it?

youzer

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I was experiencing the same problem. Did the following to fix it:

Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously for 10-15 seconds. Release and the phone will restart. After this operation, you may need to set the date and time on the phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99