Handling PDF files

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've just downloaded a PDF file from a website - how can I email it to myself from M my phone so that I can have it on another device?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I do not want to share. I need to send as an attachment to an email.

Download this app - Files | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

When you download something from IE it goes into the Downloads folder which you'll find when using that app.

Long press on the file. Tap Share. Tap the email account you want to send with.

When you 'share' something it's not what you think. You're sending the file to that person, or 'sharing' it with them.

Hope that helps.

You can ignore my previous post. I didn't realise the Files app had this ability.

Madam ImAdam

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Download this app - Files | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

When you download something from IE it goes into the Downloads folder which you'll find when using that app.

Long press on the file. Tap Share. Tap the email account you want to send with.

When you 'share' something it's not what you think. You're sending the file to that person, or 'sharing' it with them.

Hope that helps.

You can ignore my previous post. I didn't realise the Files app had this ability.

Thanks this ^ app works. I have had it (and Files&Folders Pro) installed for a while, along with the Adobe Reader app, but didn't realize that when browsing to a website with a PDF, clicking the link of the PDF brings up a dialog box asking to download or open the file... like this:

wp_ss_20141024_0001.jpg

I believe that in the past I have always hit open, which brings you to the Adobe Reader app to view the file. From here the only way to share the file is through an Acrobat.com account, which basically lets you share a link. For me this is totally useless.

You are right - hitting download will save the file that can then be accessed through the Files app and added to a new email.

One huge problem remains however, that is you can not use the Files app to attach the PDF document to an existing email that you want to forward or reply to. Only pictures can be attached.

This is handled much better in iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss