I know the procedure of installing local apps from SD card, i used to do it with my lumia 620. But now i've been using 1020 which doesn't have a SD card slot, and i'm not able to see an option to download local apps when i open the store. Is this feature limited only to .xaps on SD cards?

I have moved a .xap file from my pc to internal memory of my phone via easy transfer. When i open store and check the options ( ... ), i'm not given an option to install local apps. ( i have previously purchased the item from microsoft store).

I tried rebooting my phone and allowing the store to refresh too.

I also tried opening the .xap extension from the official files app, i've been getting a error -" can't install company app"
    10-25-2014 10:42 PM
    "'Can't install company app'", hmm... is your phone a "Corporate Phone" by any chance?
    anishetty likes this.
    10-26-2014 02:14 AM
    Hmm yes you need an sd card to install xap files from the store. But if you are a developer/ having a corporate phone you can side load apps from the files app .
    anishetty likes this.
    10-26-2014 02:18 AM
    No I don't have a corporate phone... And by installing preview for developer app ,can I sideload from files app?
    10-26-2014 08:36 PM
    No I don't have a corporate phone... And by installing preview for developer app ,can I sideload from files app?
    Sideload an apps not required files app. But required SD card. Put Xap files on sd root folder and open store and find SD card section
    anishetty likes this.
    10-26-2014 08:43 PM
    Put the .xap/.appx in the Downloads folder in the internal memory then the option should appear in Store.
    anishetty likes this.
    10-26-2014 08:49 PM
    I did put the apps in Downloads folder, but it doesn't seem to be working
    10-26-2014 09:03 PM
    I see. Well, just for clarification; what did you mean by "local apps"? Are these apps that are available only in your country/region, or are you referring to apps that are in some form of local storage, such as your phone (or an SD card in your phone)? If the first case, then I see nothing stopping you from just downloading them again from the store. If the second case, you may need a developer unlocked phone.*

*- To answer your second question: you need a developer unlocked phone to be able to "sideload" as many apps as you want. This is different from being enrolled in the preview for developer program.
    anishetty likes this.
    10-27-2014 01:27 PM
    Put the xap file on the root folder of either the phone or sd card. Give it a few minutes, then open the Store. Click on the ... and choose "install local apps". I have done this on my Lumia 1020 & 820.
    10-31-2014 08:51 AM
    Carl... Do you mean downloads folder? By the way which apps have you installed this way
    10-31-2014 09:04 AM
    When I connect my 1020 to a pc, I put the .xap directly into the folder/root that has all the other folders. So the xap would be in the same folder as the DOWNLOAD folder BUT NOT in the DOWNLOAD folder.
    10-31-2014 11:09 AM
    I download the .xap file in SD card through PC and insert the SD card in Phone and trying to install the app. But the app installation showing pending its not downloading.
    What i have to do to solve this??
    12-16-2014 04:16 AM