Windows phone calendar SYNC bug

Dastan Abilev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing sync problems with my Calendar app on my Lumia 925. So when I am creating event on other device (my tablet on Windows - using windows calendar app) and set frequency on "today" everything seems to be ok, it syncs immediately and I can see that event popping out on my Lumia. But as soon as I change frequency to "every month" - the event disappears from Lumia. Weird. Is there any solution?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
From this page:
[h=4]Syncing Microsoft accounts and Microsoft Exchange accounts[/h] To see the calendar for a Microsoft account or a Microsoft Exchange account (typically used at work) on your phone, just set up the account. The calendars will automatically show up along with your contacts and email, and your phone will sync the following events (these settings can't be changed):

• Two weeks of past single-instance (non-recurring) events.
  • All future single-instance events.
  • All recurring events that have occurrences within the last two weeks or anytime in the future.

If the event is monthly, once it is past it will not show up after two weeks.

Dastan Abilev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Laura, hello. I am asking for different thing in my thred. Please, read it carefully one more time.
So I have tested many times, and realized that this issue is for Windows 8's metro calendar. Creating and syncing between calendar web app and Lumia works fine. But Windows' metro calendar app makes mistakes on setting repeating events.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Laura, hello. I am asking for different thing in my thred. Please, read it carefully one more time.
So I have tested many times, and realized that this issue is for Windows 8's metro calendar. Creating and syncing between calendar web app and Lumia works fine. But Windows' metro calendar app makes mistakes on setting repeating events.
Sorry I did not understand your question. I don't use the Windows 8.1 Metro Calendar app anyway, since I use Outlook 2013 to manage my calendars.

Hopefully someone else will have a better answer.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Does Outlook 2013 and WP8 phone combo work normally? I mean using this combo you do not experience any issues?

Yes, it does work normally. In fact all of my previous appointments which are older than two weeks still show up on my Outlook 2013 calendars. I'm also able to set custom alert times and recurrences are highly custmizable.
appointment.PNG

Dastan Abilev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20141026_0001.jpghere is the "THIS week look" on Lumia
wp_ss_20141026_0002.jpghere is the "NEXT week look" on Lumia
Screenshot-(13).jpghere is the "THIS week look" on Windows calendar web app
Screenshot-(14).jpghere is the "NEXT week look" on Windows calendar web app with shifted event. The same look has the metro calendar app. It really frustrates me. May be the problem is somewhere in settings? Please help!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That is weird! I have no idea why the date changed from Sunday to Saturday. Are your Windows Phone and PC set to the same region and time? Perhaps it has to do with the time.

Dastan Abilev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I am now in UK, today we experienced one hour back shift due to Daytime saving. Before, for couple of years I lived in Kazakhstan, we dont have any daytime saving systems there and my combo worked just great. But here, after time zone changing and daytime saving my systems just went nuts. I still havent resolved the issue.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I am now in UK, today we experienced one hour back shift due to Daytime saving. Before, for couple of years I lived in Kazakhstan, we dont have any daytime saving systems there and my combo worked just great. But here, after time zone changing and daytime saving my systems just went nuts. I still havent resolved the issue.

I might just have an answer. This might fix the Windows 8 Metro Calendar app on your PC, since it looks like the time is correct on your Lumia.

From this page:
[h=3]Note[/h]
  • If you change your time zone, you'll have to close the Calendar app and reopen it for the changes to take effect. To close the app, drag the app to the bottom of the screen, and hold it there until the app flips over.

Dastan Abilev

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Oh now I might solved the issue. Thanks Laura! I just set correct time zones on ALL my devices (Lumia, PC, Tablet) and in ALL calendars on all systems. Now they appear to be working and syncing ok. But I should test them these few days. Thanks once again!!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh now I might solved the issue. Thanks Laura! I just set correct time zones on ALL my devices (Lumia, PC, Tablet) and in ALL calendars on all systems. Now they appear to be working and syncing ok. But I should test them these few days. Thanks once again!!!
I hope that everything works now! Please keep us posted if you experience any further problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss