How do I put a lock on the apps on my Windows phone (8.1)?

Anee Rudd

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
How to put a lock on the apps in my windows phone (8.1)

Hi,

Earlier with windows 8 version, my Lumia phone had apps that I managed to lock with a PIN.
Now, when I have updated the O/S to 8.1, all the applications have got 'unlocked', and I am not able to find the option to lock them.
Could somebody help me here....

I did try to use "App lock" app but it locks only the pictures and albums, and of not much use to me.

Jack

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to put a lock on the apps in my windows phone (8.1)

Hi,

Earlier with windows 8 version, my Lumia phone had apps that I managed to lock with a PIN.
Now, when I have updated the O/S to 8.1, all the applications have got 'unlocked', and I am not able to find the option to lock them.
Could somebody help me here....

I did try to use "App lock" app but it locks only the pictures and albums, and of not much use to me.

Jack

Given the sand boxing feature of Windows Phone 8/8.1 (maybe even in WP7), I don't think there is a way for a third-party app to lock other apps from through some form of barrier or PIN. What Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 have is "Kid's Corner" where you can choose certain apps that can be accessed by your "Kid" or anyone else who doesn't know your PIN. Other than that, ALL of your apps can be accessed simply by swiping towards the right of the start screen.

But if you're referring to being able to apply a passcode IN specific apps (e.g. for third-party email clients, private photo album apps, password managers, financing apps, etc.), then you should be able to set one IN the app with no problems. Note that anyone from your start screen can still launch those apps, they just can't view what's inside, e.g. if you have a "private" photo gallery in Folder Lock (for example), the person can launch Folder Lock but not see the photos inside Folder Lock without entering the password after opening the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss