No news about denim rollout

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
waiting more for 1 month is OK for me
but I want Microsoft announce it like "the Denim Update is ready to download, now, today, for all wp 8.1 devices"
thats must be increase Microsoft share for sure :)

Last edited:

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
As of today only AT&T of the four big carriers in the US has released 8.1/cyan to its customers. I see T-Mobile said they are releasing it to the 925 owners but Verizon and Sprint has done nothing at all. Luckly all my three Lumia's are AT&T phones so we have 8.1/cyan. But then I also have KitKat 4.4.4 on my backup Moto G lte so I can't complain about Android being slower than Microsoft. Hate to say it; but it seems Apple is the best at updates, but for what they charge for a phone they should come to your house and do it for you.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
As of today only AT&T of the four big carriers in the US has released 8.1/cyan to its customers. I see T-Mobile said they are releasing it to the 925 owners but Verizon and Sprint has done nothing at all. Luckly all my three Lumia's are AT&T phones so we have 8.1/cyan. But then I also have KitKat 4.4.4 on my backup Moto G lte so I can't complain about Android being slower than Microsoft. Hate to say it; but it seems Apple is the best at updates, but for what they charge for a phone they should come to your house and do it for you.
My T-Mobile Lumia 925 just received Cyan today!

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
waiting more for 1 month is OK for me
but I want Microsoft announce it like "the Denim Update is ready to download, now, today, for all wp 8.1 devices"
thats must be increase Microsoft share for sure :)

what your not realizing is that there are a few more roadblocks for a windows phone product than with an apple product:

1) windows phone runs on many different types of hardware running different firmwares, this alone makes it impossible for microsoft to jsut announce an update and be available for download same day, this requires other OEM's to update their own firmware first, then they can roll out the update. Now I already know what your thinking, "but what about microsofts lumia line?"

2) Microsoft HAS to conform with the US carriers, apple is in a unique situation that gives them power not even Samsung or any other android device maker has, that allows them to tell carriers "your pushing this update TODAY, and I don't wanna hear any "if's" "and's" or "but's"
Carriers love control, especially in america, Microsoft can NOT get around that right now (perhaps they can in the future, but right now they would simply lose a carriers support if they tried what apple does)

The long delay that Microsoft's updates take isn't entirely their fault, while they could be speedier with the initial release.. it really wouldn't make a huge difference because for every day they rush to release it, there's still 4 months of carriers holding the updates back.

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
what your not realizing is that there are a few more roadblocks for a windows phone product than with an apple product:

1) windows phone runs on many different types of hardware running different firmwares, this alone makes it impossible for microsoft to jsut announce an update and be available for download same day, this requires other OEM's to update their own firmware first, then they can roll out the update. Now I already know what your thinking, "but what about microsofts lumia line?"

2) Microsoft HAS to conform with the US carriers, apple is in a unique situation that gives them power not even Samsung or any other android device maker has, that allows them to tell carriers "your pushing this update TODAY, and I don't wanna hear any "if's" "and's" or "but's"
Carriers love control, especially in america, Microsoft can NOT get around that right now (perhaps they can in the future, but right now they would simply lose a carriers support if they tried what apple does)

The long delay that Microsoft's updates take isn't entirely their fault, while they could be speedier with the initial release.. it really wouldn't make a huge difference because for every day they rush to release it, there's still 4 months of carriers holding the updates back.

As long as I know wp Developer Preview is for all lumias phone and works fine for all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99