Predictive Text goes wrong!

Tiemen_S

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, file this under embarassing, but at first I thought the predictive text just occasionally gave 'perverse' suggestions by mistake (e.g. misunderstanding what normal sentence I was trying to type), but after some basic testing I think I can conclude that there is something bad going on for sure.

The case:
I'm Dutch so my default keyboard while texting is Dutch/NLD. The translation for the word and is en, which you of course can imagine I use a lot as it is the most commonly used conjunction/linking word. So I try to type a normal sentence like I'll pick up some groceries at the supermarket and, which directly translates to Ik zal wat boodschappen doen bij de supermarkt en.

The problem:
The predicted suggestion then (actually after any random set of words followed by en is neuken in Dutch, which is the equivalent of the F-word or to having intercourse so to speak.

Does anyone recognize this? Why does it give this suggestion so easily? I'm 100% sure I have never typed this word myself (so it can't be a frequently used one). Is it a bug? Any Dutchmen facing the same problem on Windows Phone 8.1 (Developer Preview)? It annoys the hell out of me, especially if I type a message with others looking over my shoulder.

Overall I love the predictive text feature, but it isn't perfect for sure! Have you found any peculiar suggestions?

FYI: I have the English (UK) and Dutch (NLD) keyboards enabled, NLD is default and turned on (<-- lol) when this occurs.
wp_ss_20141027_0001.png wp_ss_20141027_0002.png

Last edited:

Tiemen_S

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Predictive Text Bug (at least in Dutch?)

Have you found any peculiar suggestions it gives without any sound reason?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs