How do I stop auto hyperlinking of dates etc. in email messages?

Colorado_User

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
When I go to may email I find that dates and things are automatically hyperlinked. Aside from possibly violating the copyright of the email message, I find it extremely annoying and more difficult to read the message (especially when the word Tuesday is highlighted in something like "Ruby Tuesday"). How do I turn this hyperlinking off. I can do it on the desktop but can't seem to find out how on the phone (Lumia 1020).

SBoelitz

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi You will find this is a feature of Cortana, Cortana tries to pick out key information such as dates and places so that you only have to click on the date for example to make an appointment from the details in your message. I'm not sure how this would violate the copyright of a message considering emails arn't copyright protected...

You can turn the "hyperlinking" off in cortana's settings just change it so it doesn't read your messages. Settings > Applications > Cortana, and un-tick the Detect tracking info, such as flights, in emails on your phone check box

Colorado_User

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
After unchecking that in Cortana and sending a test message that has the phrase "This Sunday" I find that it is still highlighted in blue and underlined. How do I turn this off?

As for the copyright issue, in U.S., not sure about the UK and other countries, an email message, as with any writing, is automatically copyrighted. This could be construed as inclusive of the format and artistic look of the email. Changing it by linking some words, therefore, could be a potential copyright violation.

Bauulben

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Something of a nekro-thread, but I too am struggling with turning off this feature. It's really distracting, and de-selecting the "Detect tracking info, such as flights, in emails on your phone" option in Cortana hasn't made a difference.

Does anyone have any more ideas?

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of whether its copyrighted, it isn't violating the copyright. To violate the copyright it would have to take the content off the phone (which it doesn't) and upload it where someone can consume it. Also you don't have exclusive rights to your copyright until you register it. Fair use applies in this situation even if they did upload it to a server. It's likely covered in Cortana's user agreement.

The only way to remove this feature is to turn off Cortana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium