Why Microsoft should bring Music+video back

betterlife19

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Recently i've been experiencing some annoying bugs with 'xbox video' where when i play a video in fullscreen it use to stretch the video instead of zooming it but after some updates it fixed that issue however now it zooms the video from the left corner instead of the middle. I've reset my phone two times but it seems there is an issue in the app itself. Funny thing is when i play the same video from the gallery which for some reason uses the old Old music+video app, it looks perfect in fullscreen. Here are some screenshots that might help you understand what i'm saying:

J5ZUoED.jpgBwmHjj1.jpg
xXImXQs.jpg

I dont understand why Microsoft decided to change the Music+Video app and split it in two? It was perfect the way it was where it was clean, fast, simple, reliable and had no 'Resuming' issue. Look at the screenshots for comparison:

TGgAcVU.jpgeKXvnf2.jpg

Microsoft should've reverted back the old Music+Videos app because of the feedback and how pathetic the Xbox music is in comparison instead of releasing these hollow 'Updates' which has brought nothing.
If Microsoft is thinking of bringing back the app in Windows 10 for phone just like they brought back startmenu in Windows 10 then they are making a huge mistake as Windows 10 is more than 7 months away by that time people will switch as there is intense competition and choices for consumers not like Windows os where they dont have any choice.

I really like the design of windowsphone and its simplicity but im sorry to say Microsoft's Developers are incompetent where they can't even fix their native app which is sad but true. Whereas it takes Google and apple only weeks to response and fix such issues also android and ios are becoming efficient everyday which is why they are respected and valued.

Note: I'm using Lumia 920

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the stretching/cropping issue. There's also an issue where the black bars on the bottom and top are gray rather than pure black. Very noticeable on my 820.

I much prefer to use the system video player rather than the one within the Xbox app. Much better UI and none of the issues. The playback quality is jerky though but that's a problem with all video player apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans