Downloading Email Attachments

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's had this problem, but it has been persistent with all of my Windows Phones (Focus, 920, 1020).

Downloading email attachments, whether over data or WiFi, is INCREDIBLY slow and inconsistent. Why is it that I have 75 mbps WiFi, and it takes over 5 minutes to download a 32 KB picture in an email with my phone? And usually, I have to keep cancelling restarting the download for it to ever even work! Sometimes, the download happens immediately, but most of the time it is very fidgety and is just a huge hassle for such a small and simple task.

Does anyone else share this issue? Is there a fix for it? Again, for such a simple task, this should be way more reliable.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's had this problem, but it has been persistent with all of my Windows Phones (Focus, 920, 1020).

Downloading email attachments, whether over data or WiFi, is INCREDIBLY slow and inconsistent. Why is it that I have 75 mbps WiFi, and it takes over 5 minutes to download a 32 KB picture in an email with my phone? And usually, I have to keep cancelling restarting the download for it to ever even work! Sometimes, the download happens immediately, but most of the time it is very fidgety and is just a huge hassle for such a small and simple task.

Does anyone else share this issue? Is there a fix for it? Again, for such a simple task, this should be way more reliable.

Solution A: Check your browser data savings setting under Settings > data sense. You may want to turn it off, or at least set it to automatic.

Solution B: Verify your internet speed. 75mbps WiFi? You're most probably referring to the maximum bandwidth your router can handle, but that doesn't necessarily mean that that's your actual connection speed. Only three countries have actual speeds over 75Mbps. You may want to verify your bandwidth speed first, either through speedtest.net in your laptop/desktop, or through the Network Speedtest App .

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I see. Thank you for specifying the issue for GMail attachments. This may help us find a solution. Will update when I find something useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention