.Was going through old articles and realised that Sony has stopped thinking about Windows Phone.

Just came to my mind as I believe I have read somewhere about this. If that's true then why did they stop, does any one know why they did so.

Thought it would have been good if it was a Z series running windows.
    10-31-2014 09:45 PM
    Sony is losing a lot of money on its smartphones. Sony posts hefty loss on smartphone write-down - MarketWatch
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-31-2014 11:23 PM
    Sony is much less friendly with Microsoft now that we are in the midst of a new console war.
    Laura Knotek and k0de like this.
    10-31-2014 11:28 PM
    Sony's high end Z series phones have been either slow to launch in the U.S. or not available at all. It looks like that's changing with the Z3.

I'm semi-friendly with the folks in my local T-Mobile store, and they're all pretty excited to be carrying the Z3. Reviews for the phone are strong, and having multiple U.S. carriers selling the device(and the Z3 Compact) should help turn things around for Sony.

If Sony can start turning a profit on their devices, perhaps they can spread their wings a bit and make a gorgeous Windows Phone. We can always hope.
    11-01-2014 12:08 AM
    Sony is much less friendly with Microsoft now that we are in the midst of a new console war.
    Agree. Just like Google and Bing.
    11-01-2014 12:54 AM
    It's a shame if they don't make more but personally I haven't bought anything by Sony since the CD rootkits. Probably never will again unless they get a patent on air or water.
    11-01-2014 11:11 AM
    I live in Japan, and traditionally had been a big Sony consumer.
    And yet in their recent Android protectionist madness they've almost totally lost me, which is a pity, because they still make wonderful hardware.
    Then again, Japan may be one of their biggest markets, and Windows Phone 8 has still not being launched, so I guess that explains it a little bit.
    What I don't understand is why Microsoft doesn't push harder over here, since this is one of the largest and most lucrative markets for technology in the world; just ask Apple.
    11-02-2014 08:37 PM