Bus Tracking Apps

SirNic

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
These Apps such as NextBus UK are mostly junk.
The technology and software they use are outdated and unreliable.
Occasionally you will be given a 'live time' arrival however when you refresh the App to get an update you are referred back to the timetable time.
Don't waste your money on such Apps.

I would be interested to know from the developers how I am able to track my friends mobile phone, some on the other side of the world within 5 metres using an App called 'Buddy Tracker' yet this 'real time' NextBus cannot even track a double decker bus 5 miles down the road.

Don't feel too bad though, Bedfordshire County Council have just wasted over ?200,000 on real time bus info that doesn't work. :shocked:

20141101-2uqg-46kb.jpg

SirNic

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Here Transit simply gives a live countdown to the timetable time, not the live time.
If you look at the screen shot below the App states that the '73' bus left 1 minute ago, when in fact it didn't even arrive until 15 minutes later.
These apps are pretty shocking considering a small mobile phone can be tracked live within a few metres the other side of the world but a double decker bus cannot be tracked a few miles down the road.
Councils in the U.K have wasted a criminal amount of tax payers money on these so called 'live' arrival times.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    69 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.png
    2.png
    108 KB · Views: 1
  • 1.png
    1.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.