MSN news tile not updating.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here and also with weather. Uninstalling only a temporary solution. Also with weather it says it is always cloudy. If there is not a cloud in the sky in any direction all day it might crack out a "partly cloudy", maybe 😃

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Guys, you must install MSN apps to phone memory; not to SD card.

Uninstall MSN apps, then install them again to -phone memory-. So, live tiles will be able to show up again.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
MSN Weather app seems to be having trouble now.

I went away over the weekend to an area with extremely poor phone signal and barely any WiFi. Whilst there the weather tile constantly showed the day we left our home town and failed to update.

When we got back to good phone signal/wifi areas, the tile still didn't update. Repinning seems to give it a jolt but it's pointless having to do that each time I want to update the weather tile.

Dspopieux

May 25, 2014
Visit site
MSN News live tile stopped working again, even after the latest update. I'm getting really tired with this app. Also my local RSS feed has been shrinken down to just a couple sources. Why MS? Just why?

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me and all I did was unfix it from start screen, disable the live tile option inside the app, re-enabled it and re-fixed it in start screen.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
All MSN live tile apps are continuing to fail regularly. It kinda defeats the object having to open the app a number of times before the live tile updates.

I've unpinned, repinned, disabled the live tile setting, re-enabled the live tile setting. Restarted, soft reset.

It seems the only thing left is a full reset but I really don't want to do that as I will lose a load of app/game data.

This sucks.

I was hoping that the app situation would improve in the last few months of my contract as that would encourage me to stick with WP but as turns out, the phone and OS are making the decision for me. Bookmark, tab and history sync fails to work on IE, to and from the laptop/desktop and phone and the camera has started to develop bugs.

FML.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I've unpinned, repinned, disabled the live tile setting, re-enabled the live tile setting. Restarted, soft reset.

It seems the only thing left is a full reset but I really don't want to do that as I will lose a load of app/game data.
You left out the step that fixed it for many (including me): uninstall the app and then reinstall it,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750