When will we receive another OS update?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone has been doing relatively well in spite of insipid support all along from VZN thanks to ATT and GSM carriers in Europe and Latin America and the Far east and both China and India are definitely heating up also.

What does 'well' mean? If you mean maintaining a flat line then yes, WP is doing 'well'.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Lumia 635. As I'm debating staying with windows phone (and getting a Lumia 935) or getting a new iphone, I was wondering if anyone knew if windows is set to release a new OS update anytime soon. As 8.1 was a big jump, there is still room for improvement.

thanks,

Your L635 came with WP8.1 pre-installed and was released only in May and you're already concerned about getting an update? lol, you should count yourself lucky. There are a lot of WP8.0 devices out there still waiting to receive their official update to WP8.1. If you're keen for updates then you have the option to enrol in the DfP programme and get WP8.1.1 now and be in front of the queue for all future updates.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Well think about it we all are mad cause we aren't yet receiving a new update.. But in Android ecosystem (not Apple's) when you buy a non high end smartphone you don't even receive ANY updates at all... Here we are sure that if. MS releases a new OS update we will receive it... And @kevin ritson... Sorry to hear that but you should contact Zynga and ask them to release the app

Ding ding ding!! Not getting OS updates would be acceptable from any ANDROID user because the OS already works! What are they missing from the updates really? The apps are the key and when you have apps that work as they should the OS updates are easily overlooked especially when the updates don't add new functionality other than UI improvements. Android users do receive updates, it just takes a while and because their apps are constantly updated any new features from the apps more than make up for awaiting a new animated task manager or new look phone dialer.

anon(9023697)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Ding ding ding!! Not getting OS updates would be acceptable from any ANDROID user because the OS already works! What are they missing from the updates really? The apps are the key and when you have apps that work as they should the OS updates are easily overlooked especially when the updates don't add new functionality other than UI improvements. Android users do receive updates, it just takes a while and because their apps are constantly updated any new features from the apps more than make up for awaiting a new animated task manager or new look phone dialer.
KNOCK OUT!!!... Your bell may have rung but if you aren't running Lollipop 5.0 you can count yourself knocked out with a an OS that seems outdated in many aspects...Firstly, try running 200 + apps like I do on my Nokia 1320... On my Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos running 4.4.2 (Which by the way was released back in Dec 2013 and the updated only came through in Oct this year) lets see how you go trying to store apps on your SD card . Kit Kat 4.4 is very limited in this regard, where as with Windows 8.1 it's a breeze... So go for your life having a gazillion apps, just have fun running out of card space when your phone only has 8gb storage and half of that is taken up with the OS.
Yes Windows phone is perfect but neither is Android!

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
got now an update for my lumia 930 8.1.1 PfD ... in Portugal. it's installing right now... maybe gdr2... hope so

edit: 8.10.14192.280 don?t know if it was the same as before...
firmware 14353.31003

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo