IMAP email folder sync

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I run a private email server with Bluehost. I already know about the various problems trying to get IMAP to play nice with the built in email program on Windows Phone. But regardless of that, I have another problem that makes no sense. All the email folders I've created on my computer using Thunderbird or Outlook do show up on my phone but none of them update their content when I sync. I do have it set to accept emails from more than a month, etc, the phone just won't sync those individual folders even though it shows them to me. (One of the biggest problems of this is the drafts folder created by and synced to my email server. I can see the folder but I can't see its contents.)

Any ideas why?

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
All I can tell you that IMAP folder sync works for me. When in your inbox tap the three dots on the right, select 'folders' then 'show all folders'. Select the folder you want, then tap on 'sync this folder'. That's all I have to do in order to keep folders other than my inbox in sync.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
All I can tell you that IMAP folder sync works for me. When in your inbox tap the three dots on the right, select 'folders' then 'show all folders'. Select the folder you want, then tap on 'sync this folder'. That's all I have to do in order to keep folders other than my inbox in sync.
Weird, that's exactly what I'm doing. Maybe I need to set up my email again?

Panzer4Commander

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
hi, i dont think the build-in email client has the ability to sync with the draft folder because the message you created in Thunderbird is in its own internal format, not in standard IMAP message format. Therefore, sync. with the draft is different from sync. with Inbox folder. Also, sync. is a very complicated task, the build-in email client may have sync. problems.
btw, i build an IMAP/SMTP email client for windows phone by myself recently, aiming to resolve the issues that the build-in email client have. but right now it cannot sync. with anything yet, might do in a few weeks. I tested with my Bluehost, and it works too. you can try it on your phone and welcome to give any suggestions. :)
To download the app, just get to your windows phone app store and search for: MyMy Email

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting… I've never tried to synchronize my drafts folder with my Windows Phone before. I used to do it with my iPhone and know for sure it's been working but that doesn't seem to be the case with Windows Phone.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
it has bugs, that why i am building my own email client. :)
That's really interesting. So what is it that's missing from your app? What do you mean that it can't sync? Doesn't IMAP take care of that?

By the way, I just tried your app and I dont see how to add my private IMAP server??

Last edited:

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok, still having this problem. Regular filters I set up with my private email server don't show up on Windows Phone. At all. They seem to work fine on other clients but not on this phone. Filters, folders, etc, nothing gets synced to the phone. I sync and sync and sync and nothing gets copied to the phone client the way I have it in my desktop clients.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre