Some of my complains/suggestions

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
So here are some of my complains and suggestions while using Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Nokia Lumia 520.

1. Action Center Improvement
- Long pressing an Icon on the action center will take you to its settings
- One click to turn on and off some functions like Wifi (Function_Name Settings can be access by long press, as stated on the previous line)

2. Wifi On Action Center
- If ever the one click turn on and off will be implemented; if ever there are no saved WiFi connection, it should take you to the WiFi settings to choose the connection

3. Battery Saver to Action Center
- One click to turn on and off battery saver
- The chosen Option on saving should be saved unless changed manually

4. Messaging App Improvement
- Messaging app becomes laggy when you have many messages
- Reply an SMS on the start screen when the Messaging App Tile is on its largest size where it will display the full length of the message then you will have an option to go to the thread or reply right away or call the sender (I have seen a video on this somewhere but I forgot where it was and I'm not sure if the later models support this but having this function on older models would be nice)
- Call button in message thread
- Swiping Left and Right to switch emoticon categories <- Current: Only clicking the category icon
- When sending to many recipients; if one of the recipient has an existing thread, the new message should be added to the thread and if the recipient doesn't have an existing thread, then the app should create a thread for it <- Current: One thread for all the recipients but their replies go to their respective threads
- Able to customize sender and your bubble text color. Like, change your bubble to have the darker color or the lighter one
- "Clear All" function somewhere safe from accidental press because sometimes when you have written something then you just suddenly changed your mind, a clear all function would be nice.
- Arrows to indicate that the last message in that thread is a "sent" or a "received" message.

5. Task Manager (Back Buttong Long Press)
- When closing the last running app while on the Start Screen, the Start Screen should become active automatically <- Current: Still need to click the Start App

6. People Hub Improvement
- I always get problems with the profile photos not downloading completely. Refer to this post.

7. Battery Saver and Quiet Hours Should Be Able To Run Together
- Well for me, I don't like to be disturbed especially when I am low on battery or something

8. "Never" Screen Timeout Option

9. Find My Phone doesn't open
- Whenever I press the "find my phone" it closes automatically

Not really sure if some of these are supported on later devices or what, but again, having them on older models would be nice. Might be adding some on the future.

I also don't have any idea how to suggest these stuff to the respective recipients so I decided to put them here and others can also have their own suggestions on the replies.

Last edited:

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
When I close the last app my phone automatically goes to start screen. I had a similar problem with Find My Phone but it was a temporary problem (A few hours). Has worked flawlessly since then. I agree with most of your other points, especially battery saver in action centre. Any setting with an on/off toggle should be allowed in action centre actually.

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
When I close the last app my phone automatically goes to start screen. I had a similar problem with Find My Phone but it was a temporary problem (A few hours). Has worked flawlessly since then. I agree with most of your other points, especially battery saver in action centre. Any setting with an on/off toggle should be allowed in action centre actually.

I don't quite understand your first sentence.

Well what I meant with number 5 is that as soon as the last running app is closed, the Start Screen should go to foreground right away, no more clicking it to go active.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't quite understand your first sentence.

Well what I meant with number 5 is that as soon as the last running app is closed, the Start Screen should go to foreground right away, no more clicking it to go active.
Ok I think I understand what you mean. You weren't very clear before. When I go into task manager from an app which is the only one running (or if I have multiple apps running and I'm closing all apps), I close it and I don't have to click on anything for it to pull the start screen to the foreground. The only time it happens that I need to tap on the start screen is if I moved initially from the start screen to the task manager. I hope that cleared up what I meant. In that case yes. That needs to be polished up a bit.

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok I think I understand what you mean. You weren't very clear before. When I go into task manager from an app which is the only one running (or if I have multiple apps running and I'm closing all apps), I close it and I don't have to click on anything for it to pull the start screen to the foreground. The only time it happens that I need to tap on the start screen is if I moved initially from the start screen to the task manager. I hope that cleared up what I meant. In that case yes. That needs to be polished up a bit.
Now I get you. The only time you need to click the Start App to make it active is when you go to the Task Manager while in the Start Screen. Of course going to the Task Manager while on the running app then close it will get you to the Start Screen right away.

Edited my post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte