The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-10-2014 02:56 AM
77 123 ...
tools
    Update 2 for Windows Phone 8.1 should be announced anytime now. Rumor has it that the settings will now be arranged alphabetically and data toggle will be available on the action centre. What else do you think will be included in this update?

I for one hope for smart-dialing. The lack of this functionality in 2014 is frustrating tbh.
    shrikant50 and colinkiama like this.
    11-05-2014 10:44 PM
    I hope Microsoft releases it ASAP because i have been facing a lot of issues after updating to Cyan.
    saras112 likes this.
    11-05-2014 11:06 PM
    I want more toogle buttons on action center by sliding right. Atleast 7-8 must be there ...
    11-05-2014 11:11 PM
    I want more toogle buttons on action center by sliding right. Atleast 7-8 must be there ...
    Interesting feature suggestion. Personally I'm fine with four, but I can see how that'd be great too.

I say we add in native stopwatch and torch (light) buttons on the action bar and in the OS. Then I think the 8 to 10 swipe to the right for more suggestion would be awesome. Also the biggest thing would be fixing lock screen applications for a complete fluid experience.

Cortana support for torch would be awesome such as:

"Give me some light" etc..
    11-05-2014 11:24 PM
    Update 2 for Windows Phone 8.1 should be announced anytime now. Rumor has it that the settings will now be arranged alphabetically
    I hope that's true.

I wish for options in action center as well... But most importantly folders in the app list.
    F3rzz likes this.
    11-05-2014 11:26 PM
    Id like to see a screen brightness multi toggle in the action center.
    Low, med, high, auto.
    11-05-2014 11:35 PM
    What about the OTG.???
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    11-05-2014 11:39 PM
    Update 2 for Windows Phone 8.1 should be announced anytime now. Rumor has it that the settings will now be arranged alphabetically and data toggle will be available on the action centre. What else do you think will be included in this update?

I for one hope for smart-dialing. The lack of this functionality in 2014 is frustrating tbh.
    Same here. Wish for smart dial.
    11-05-2014 11:47 PM
    a better update of OFFICE would really be NICE.MS cant make office for PCs as good as it is and be lazy to make mobile versions half as good....we use these for daily things,some do there office work on them and as such require them to be half as good.take EXCEL for example.almost all the files u try to open and edit don't open in lumia just because of the few functions MS has for the app.<thumps DOWN MS>
    EssThree, Meredith43 and Ek-Balam like this.
    11-05-2014 11:59 PM
    What about the OTG.???
    Yes thats another feature we need. But i don't think its coming in gdr2. We can expect this in Windows10. Lets see.
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    11-06-2014 01:02 AM
    Apparently, there's also support for new SoCs, such as the 805 with GDR2
    11-06-2014 01:11 AM
    Alphabetically sorted settings would be frustrating and pointless. The rumor is being able to manually change the settings list.

I'm hoping for:

an option to hide games in the app list (this was the worst decision in 8.1)
    an option to make the system tray auto-hide like it did in 8.0
    the return of the text editing cursor
    a better/faster games hub
    a better pictures gallery
    data toggle in action center
    getting rid of the stutter when returning to the start screen when closing an app
    more accent colors and/or returning cobalt to what it was in 8.0
    option to change the the charging sound

So basically fixes to all the stuff that was broken in 8.1.
    envio, EssThree, Bagzton and 5 others like this.
    11-06-2014 03:20 AM
    More vpn protocols support. My college and the phone is driving me crazy. L2tp one part of the works and the other needs SStp. good god!

Graceful termination of vpn
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    11-06-2014 03:29 AM
    Alphabetically sorted settings would be frustrating and pointless. The rumor is being able to manually change the settings list.

I'm hoping for:

an option to hide games in the app list (this was the worst decision in 8.1)
    an option to make the system tray auto-hide like it did in 8.0
    the return of the text editing cursor
    a better/faster games hub
    a better pictures gallery
    data toggle in action center
    getting rid of the stutter when returning to the start screen when closing an app
    more accent colors and/or returning cobalt to what it was in 8.0
    option to change the the charging sound

So basically fixes to all the stuff that was broken in 8.1.
    This. I don't need to give my wishes because you have it covered.
    11-06-2014 04:46 AM
    I'd like to see at least 1 more toggle available as an option if you have a screen of 5" or more. 6" screens, like on the 1320 and 1520, get 5 toggles as standard.
    11-06-2014 09:32 AM
    a better update of OFFICE would really be NICE.MS cant make office for PCs as good as it is and be lazy to make mobile versions half as good....we use these for daily things,some do there office work on them and as such require them to be half as good.take EXCEL for example.almost all the files u try to open and edit don't open in lumia just because of the few functions MS has for the app.<thumps DOWN MS>
    I agree, it's the big elephant in the room, nobody really talks about. Since WP7, we've been clamouring for better mobile support. In 8.1.1, we finally got the ability to open password protected office files, yay! Unfortunately, we can't actually edit them, urrh!
    Meredith43 and neo158 like this.
    11-06-2014 09:36 AM
    Expect nothing much.
    meddyrainzo and broughshane like this.
    11-06-2014 10:30 AM
    Well since its a relatively minor update I don't think we should expect much.
    - Data toggle in action center
    - Flashlight in action center
    - Alphabetically sorted settings
    - Smart-dialing (its 2014, hello?!)
    - USB-OTG
    F3rzz likes this.
    11-06-2014 10:46 AM
    Camera button on lock screen for phones with no camera button?
    usman567 and CJ Thunder like this.
    11-06-2014 11:14 AM
    I'm still waiting for GDR 1
    11-06-2014 11:56 AM
    Same here. Wish for smart dial.
    Use Rap Dialer for the time being. Its a very mature app now.
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:02 PM
    Allow us to save email attachments directly to phone memory(if not phone memory, then SD card at least).
    iamakii and Mahdi Ghiasi like this.
    11-06-2014 12:06 PM
    I would really like to see:
    1. Better Games app
    2. Better sync with win8 (like themes and stoff like that)
    3. Not the tiles but the background should have an wallpaper (too big feature for gdr update?)
    4. Support for 3rd party application to start via camera button
    5. More shortcuts in notification center
    6. Bring back green tile for music and video :D
    7. Yeah a flash app shortcut would be nice
    That's all I would wish for windows phone and then it would be the best is out there (when not looking on the app gap xD)

Edit: Colorful tiles like in win8 would be cool too but I can wait till win10 for that
    11-06-2014 12:10 PM
    Interesting feature suggestion. Personally I'm fine with four, but I can see how that'd be great too.

I say we add in native stopwatch and torch (light) buttons on the action bar and in the OS. Then I think the 8 to 10 swipe to the right for more suggestion would be awesome. Also the biggest thing would be fixing lock screen applications for a complete fluid experience.

Cortana support for torch would be awesome such as:

"Give me some light" etc..

If you have an app that is a flashlight you can just say "Open flashlight" or whatever the app name is and Cortana will open the app. Most turn on automatically when they are opened.
    Last edited by Chad Barnett; 11-06-2014 at 12:46 PM. Reason: forgot to quote who I was replying to...
    11-06-2014 12:19 PM
    I agree, it's the big elephant in the room, nobody really talks about. Since WP7, we've been clamouring for better mobile support. In 8.1.1, we finally got the ability to open password protected office files, yay! Unfortunately, we can't actually edit them, urrh!
    A better version of Office is even more important now that Office doesn't require an Office 365 subscription on iOS.
    Mahdi Ghiasi likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:29 PM
77 123 ...