11-08-2014 12:34 PM
63 123
tools
    It's a phone for Christ's sake...
    Hadn't thought of that angle. If Windows is God's (at least Christians' God) choice, MS marketing should be pushing the hell (pardon the reference) out of that.
    11-08-2014 08:58 AM
    That would be fine if Microsoft actually listened to feedback instead of grudgingly giving in when it's blatantly obvious that the "new" features should have been there from the start. Beta testers repeatedly told them that not allowing desktop users to boot straight to the desktop in Windows 8 was a huge mistake. Did they listen? No. People have been screaming for gapless playback for years. Do we have it? No. People have been complaining about the senseless organization of the settings menu for years? Has it been fixed? No.

It's perfectly obvious that Microsoft has no idea what they're doing. If Windows Phone was an independent start up company, they would have gone bankrupt the first year. Same with the Surface group. The ONLY reason WP is still alive is because of the Office and Server revenue streams. Period. If Nadella is half as bright as he is said to be, he would fire Joe Belfiore right now. But they just promoted him so he can f**k up desktop Windows, too. I take that back. Nadella would sell off the phone and tablet divisions, and focus on the only thing Microsoft can apparently do with any competence: write software. And with the recent push to establish Office on iOS and Android, it looks like that's exactly what he's probably going to do. Windows Phone, Windows 8, and the Surface have been an absolute disaster for Microsoft. An utter embarrassment.
    You would consider Windows Phone "an utter embarrassment"? Why? Because of lack of apps? The office thing? Or something else?

See, because if you are going to **** all over MSFT for its mobile division, you sure as hell better save some of that righteous indignation for Android/Google for its inability for it's o/s to be lag free over time, or iOS for not innovating and being stuck with static "Windows 3.1" look since its inception.

And about the Office thing: if you made a product that everyone wanted, would you just sell that product to your family and friends? Or would you sell to everyone you can? Because one way makes you look like an *****, and the other makes you rich.
    satrus08 likes this.
    11-08-2014 09:53 AM
    Losing faith..... , not yet, but if Microsoft announce that Windows 10 will not run on existing phones, which they've done every time the OS number increases, then yes I will lose faith. Until then I'll not be buying a newer phone. As for apps, why should anyone invest time in a system that might not even exist in 6 months.. We don't need another OS6-7 and 7-8 repeat.
    11-08-2014 10:23 AM
    Losing faith..... , not yet, but if Microsoft announce that Windows 10 will not run on existing phones, which they've done every time the OS number increases, then yes I will lose faith. Until then I'll not be buying a newer phone. As for apps, why should anyone invest time in a system that might not even exist in 6 months.. We don't need another OS6-7 and 7-8 repeat.
    Lol, the only reason existing phones wouldn't get W10 is if the carriers neglect to push out the update. People need to stop freaking out about this.

Microsoft had very good reasons to not update the previous older versions. Not here though.

And why is it ok that you can buy an Android phone and not receive any updates after 6 months. But damned if MS doesn't update phones based on a 2+ year version.
    11-08-2014 10:32 AM
    Android phones may not get OS updates, but the apps still work and new apps are developed that will work. How many new WP7 apps have been released sine WP8?
    11-08-2014 10:40 AM
    You would consider Windows Phone "an utter embarrassment"? Why? Because of lack of apps? The office thing? Or something else?

See, because if you are going to **** all over MSFT for its mobile division, you sure as hell better save some of that righteous indignation for Android/Google for its inability for it's o/s to be lag free over time, or iOS for not innovating and being stuck with static "Windows 3.1" look since its inception.

And about the Office thing: if you made a product that everyone wanted, would you just sell that product to your family and friends? Or would you sell to everyone you can? Because one way makes you look like an *****, and the other makes you rich.
    The lag problem has been pretty much solved with KitKat and Lollipop. It's more of a problem with Samsung's awful bloatware. Motorola's (Lenovo now) latest phones don't have that problem.

And let's not try to rewrite history pertaining to Office. Microsoft sat on Office to make it an exclusive for the Surface, and it blew up in their faces. They should have been making iOS and Android versions from the moment it was obvious that tablets weren't going to be a fad. They could have saved the nicest features for their own platform, but that was billions in lost revenue. Sure, they're doing it now, but that was not the original plan. Not by a long shot, so let's not pretend it was. And to add insult to injury, there's STILL no Metro version available, and won't be until next year. Office for iPad is available RIGHT NOW, and it's not the desktop version on a 10" screen. It's a full touch friendly, optimized touch interface. Unbelievable.
    Jonnie LasVegas likes this.
    11-08-2014 10:58 AM
    Windows 10 guys. 10 that's what it's been coming too this whole time.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    11-08-2014 11:05 AM
    The lag problem has been pretty much solved with KitKat and Lollipop. It's more of a problem with Samsung's awful bloatware. Motorola's (Lenovo now) latest phones don't have that problem.

And let's not try to rewrite history pertaining to Office. Microsoft sat on Office to make it an exclusive for the Surface, and it blew up in their faces. They should have been making iOS and Android versions from the moment it was obvious that tablets weren't going to be a fad. They could have saved the nicest features for their own platform, but that was billions in lost revenue. Sure, they're doing it now, but that was not the original plan. Not by a long shot, so let's not pretend it was. And to add insult to injury, there's STILL no Metro version available, and won't be until next year. Office for iPad is available RIGHT NOW, and it's not the desktop version on a 10" screen. It's a full touch friendly, optimized touch interface. Unbelievable.
    At least they are ******* doing it now! Stop being so ungrateful.
    11-08-2014 11:07 AM
    Strange, I thought ios and android users didn't even need ms Office. Isn't iwork and google drive just great...
    11-08-2014 11:20 AM
    Haha - yeah that's why there were 40 million downloads of office on ios - time to get real "fanboy"
    11-08-2014 11:23 AM
    Android phones may not get OS updates, but the apps still work and new apps are developed that will work. How many new WP7 apps have been released sine WP8?
    That's horse****. Android apps are notorious for only supporting various versions. The app we made for our company on Android is already limited to various versions. Android has so many legacy versions and such a ridiculous array of devices and OEM/Carrier modified Versions that it's damn near impossible to develop an app that supports all versions of Android.

Not to mention WP7s market share was damn near nothing. While burned a few people. The damage was pretty minimal.

I was a WP7 user from day one and I had no issue switching to WP8. The existing user base of WP7 is so damn small, no company would even think of making an app for it. It's a complete waste of money.
    11-08-2014 11:31 AM
    With 3% global marketshare after almost 5 years, it seems Microsoft is finally realizing that no one really likes them except fanboys and graybeard IT guys. Nadella gets it, but it's too damn late.
    I'm neither and I like them.
    11-08-2014 11:32 AM
    This thread has run its course and is now closed.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    11-08-2014 12:34 PM
63 123