Request for testers: UC Browser / Internet Radio

vinnielo

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello, all!

I run radiofeeds . co . uk, a website that allows various devices to play internet radio from the UK and Ireland.
I've been supporting Windows Phone 7 for a while and it works pretty well.
Unfortunately, due to a bug/feature in Windows Phone 8, it fails to play certain radio streams in IE.

As I don't have a Windows Phone myself, I was wondering if people here could help me test if it works on a third party web browser such as UC Browser.

Please could someone test out these streams for me (please open using UC Browser on your WP8+ phone, NOT Internet Explorer) and let me know which play and which don't:
Capital (Birmingham) - www . radiofeeds. co. uk/wp/mp3. asp? stream=0&url=168
103.1 Central FM - www . radiofeeds. co. uk/wp/mp3. asp? stream=0&url=422
Mix 96 - www . radiofeeds. co. uk/wp/mp3. asp? URL=24&stream=2
BBC Radio 1 - www . radiofeeds. co. uk/wp/aac. asp? URL=212&stream=2
Smooth Radio (West Midlands) - www . radiofeeds. co. uk/wp/aac. asp? URL=184&stream=1

Sorry for the spaces in the web addresses. As a new member, I'm unable to post links.
Thanks in advance.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Capital Birmingham and Mix 96 worked fine, the others wouldn't load the player. The first time I tried Smooth Radio I selected it from the drop-down list (because I didn't feel like typing it) and it worked. I noticed the URL didn't match what you have there so I typed it in manually and it did not work, player wouldn't launch. This was in UC browser 4.0.0.455 on a Nokia 1520 running WP 8.1 and Cyan. I'm in the US so there might be some geographic restrictions. Nice site though.

vinnielo

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for helping test. I'm totally gutted by the results.

Firstly it shows that the UC browser does not support the playing of streams in AAC+ format.

Secondly, and more importantly, it doesn't play SHOUTcast streams, even if it is in mp3 format.

This shows that the original problem I had is probably at an OS level as opposed to a Web browser level. By trying it out on a different browser, I was hoping to see some positive results. Sadly not, it seems.

If anyone has any idea how WP8 users can stream SHOUTcast radio, please feel free to share.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos