Glance shows battery save mode while it is switched off

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Have a Lumia 830 with preinstalled Lumia Denim. Glance updated to the last version (3.1.0.21). I switched off saver mode, but glance still shows battery with a shield on it. Also buttons (back, windows and search) do not have a light as if saver mode switched on. Does anyone faced with that problem?

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the solution is:

1) Reset your phone
2) When resetting is completed, complete your installation steps
3) When the phone is ready to use, quickly go to Settings > Date+Time
4) Set the year like 2150 or more
5) Go to Settings, tap the Device Hub
6) Uninstall it
7) Set the date as auto again

Problem is solved.

Never open Device Hub even once! Uninstall it and don't install again.

p.s. If you open Device Hub even once, battery saver crashes and your issue comes over again. Then you must reset your phone to solve it.

Last edited:

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your responce!

Could you, please, clarify: under reset you mean hard or soft reset?

Last edited:

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset. Settings > About > Reset your phone

But please remember; after the reset, never open Device Hub and remove it by the following these steps I've written my first reply.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much. I will try it, even if I don't want to reinstall all apps again... Where did you get this soulution? Does anyone post that issue on Microsoft Support?

furkanavshar

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Your welcome!

I've discovered this solution myself; performing hard resets, updating apps one by one and opening them one by one on 5 different Lumia devices for 4 months.
This solution is permanent. Works 100%
And this bug belongs to Device Hub 100%
I informed Lumia team about the solution, then they've confirmed this bug is related to "Device Hub" app. But the relevant team doesn't know the reason.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
You are a great man, lumia team has to sing a legends in your fame :)
I have my Lumia 620 with Cyan Update, and there is no any problem with it. Thus, it only happens with WP 8.1 GDR1 or Denim Update, is it?

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't check it in a moment, but I can definitely say, that I opened device hub at least once about month ago on my Lumia 620 with official Cyan Update, and there is no such kind of issue. Could this problem influence on weather on glance feature? I successfully switched it on on Lumia 620, but it seems to not working on 830...

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Problem with "always on" shield on battery on glance was solved with the last update of Glance Screen. Dim/light buttons was fixed with the last update of Device&Hub app. Now it is not necessary to hard-reset, just update it and whooala. Thanks for support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb