OMG!! I don't believe we don't have OTG Support Yet!

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks... The title about OTG support ..
I just can't believe that we are not having OTG yet!!
C'mon M$ this is very stupid..
My old Nokia 603 had it and 808 pureviewe had it too ..
GOD!! Even my oldest Nokia x3-00 have it .
I was just checking and trying with Nokia x3-00 and OMG .. It works
Here is some screenshots

kBWbnEs.jpg

gdbqicG.jpg

iRgUEDx.jpg

fzsGYkX.jpg

What do you think about that guys ?

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
WP is based on the Cloud functionality.

You're not the only one who's asked for this functionality. Look up Windows Phone Uservoice and add your vote for it.

Android has this functionality built in, we know.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Does iPhones hat OTG?

No it doesn't but people like to compare WP to Android and old Nokia's for some reason.

Usually people who can't afford to buy iPhones or have great 3G/4G or internet access but picked up a Nokia WP because they were expecting a Nokia device and not WP.

Marcos Buccella

May 31, 2014
Visit site
There's a chance that it will be included on W10 (you know, one OS for all devices). I'm not implying that they're working on it but I think there's a chance.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
WP is based on the Cloud functionality.

You're not the only one who's asked for this functionality. Look up Windows Phone Uservoice and add your vote for it.

Android has this functionality built in, we know.

I voted it for that .. But no words in it for M$yet ir anyone

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know. .. I hope Microsoft do it it's available for 4 years old phone

Keep in mind this one thing. WP was never intended for emerging markets. It was Nokia that pushed that. UOTG is used widely in those markets but for 1st world countries it's not even thought about with good data plans, easy access to WiFi and cloud services.

I had it on my N8. Never used it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had it on my N8. Never used it.

The only time I ever used it on any of my Android devices was to test an OTG adapter cable I purchased. The only reason I bought the adapter in the first place was in case I'd need it. :smile: Never have yet! To me, OTG is a feature that isn't worth much to almost all users, but invaluable if you have a use for it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft isn't averse to dropping features that don't see much use (underused functionality = bloat).

This is why the uservoice is so important, if enough people want a feature and vote for it, Microsoft will consider implementing it (Action Center is an example of this).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The only time I ever used it on any of my Android devices was to test an OTG adapter cable I purchased. The only reason I bought the adapter in the first place was in case I'd need it. :smile: Never have yet! To me, OTG is a feature that isn't worth much to almost all users, but invaluable if you have a use for it.

The N8 came with the adapter so I didn't need to buy it. I did test it, like you but never for need. I can see it being 'handy' but in most 1st countries the value of this is zero. I can put everything I need on my cloud drive and access it from pretty much everywhere. If I have a rather large file I need I just need WiFi which most places have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon