Lumia 520 Data Usage

Chris_vdWalt

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

I've got a bit of a problem with my data usage that for some reason just started this past week!

I regularly have round about a monthly bundle of 600mb that for the past couple of months worked perfectly for me - not data heavy browser here!

Then suddenly this last week, since I received my November data, it completely disappeared within a week!!

- Yes, I have checked all background apps that can possibly use data - restricted them
- Disabled any auto updates, restricting ONLY to Wifi (which I don't regularly get to..)
- Updated to the latest everything (Nokia updates, Windows updates etc.)

I'm really perplexed as my phone usage is was strictly WhatsApp use, one or two Google browser sessions (quick) and just a Facebook app usage here and there, not really opening any pictures/videos.

I loaded some temporary bundles already (300mb) and the one was finished in two days - that cannot be right??

Have anyone had any same issues, is it possibly to do with updates on new apps (like FB or WhatsApp??) Or possibly this stupid FB Messenger app that I was forced to use?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!

Chris

Last edited:

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I've read on here that WhatsApp can be a data hog, my moment would be on one of those.

Check the Data Sense app as this may give you an idea what has been using all your data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923