Renamed ringtone, now not selectable in list.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've got an AT&T Lumia 830. I had some ringtones in the phone's Ringtones folder. They showed up in the list of selectable ringtones. I cleaned up some of the names of the files, and now they do not show up in the list. I've even tried a soft reboot. Any ideas?

Edit: I tried renaming a couple back to their original names, and they show back up in the list. But I'd like to have them show up with different names.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty sure that you not rename the ringtones unless its something that you created

These are files I copied over from my PC into the Ringtones folder. I am able to rename the files, but when I do, they disappear from the list of selectable ringtones.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
They will show up after a little bit. WP doesn't constantly scan the folders for new files like ringtones. If you do a full restart (button combination to reboot, not just turning it off an back on) it should force it to rescan the folder structure.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
They will show up after a little bit. WP doesn't constantly scan the folders for new files like ringtones. If you do a full restart (button combination to reboot, not just turning it off an back on) it should force it to rescan the folder structure.

I pulled the battery on my 830, still didn't show up.

Edit: I deleted the files, then renamed them on my PC before copying them over, and then copied them back. Now, they show up.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium