Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android ? analyst

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its just the natural way things should be, Microsoft is business, and they should already do that, include free lumia 520's with every windows 8 machine over 500$ people will see how good a windows phone can fit their Microsoft dominated work life and soon they will realize there are top of the line phones like that little one that can be both their work horse and their personal device

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
its just the natural way things should be, Microsoft is business, and they should already do that, include free lumia 520's with every windows 8 machine over 500$ people will see how good a windows phone can fit their Microsoft dominated work life and soon they will realize there are top of the line phones like that little one that can be both their work horse and their personal device
The challenge to that concept is a new phone requires phone service. Unless MS gets into the carrier game they still need VZW/ATT/Sprint/TM et al.The ecosystem is more complex than a standalone PC which is still very useful without a network connection. . .

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The challenge to that concept is a new phone requires phone service. Unless MS gets into the carrier game they still need VZW/ATT/Sprint/TM et al.The ecosystem is more complex than a standalone PC which is still very useful without a network connection. . .

In the end, if business demands windows, the carriers will jump to attention. It's basic business sense that you go where the market is.

I can remember when BlackBerry first came to the UK, there were carriers who didn't totally support it, however things changed dramatically when just one operator signed up and businesses jumped network providers. Suddenly all networks stood to attention and signed up else they wouldn't have business customers, which are carriers bread and pudding.

Just my input.

G.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
As one of the comments points out, why would businesses want to go to Windows phone when Android / iOS can already connect to Exchange, and MS mobile apps which are better featured than those for WP are available, too?

Where is the Windows Phone unique selling point for businesses?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I remember some analyst once said WP would capture 15% of the smartphone market by 2015, how has that turned out? Analysts are just paid guessers and the reality is normally far from their lofty predictions, but with the current pathetic market share of WP I think we can safety say he's wrong.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I think with what windows 10 brings to the table, there is a good chance that market share will drastically improve. And with universal apps that means a business only has to write one app for desktop, tablet and phone with centralised configuration and compliance.

G.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

I would think any company that is buying a new computer already has a wireless provider. I like the idea of including an entry level WP to computer purchases over $500. Offer them a phone for their present provider. Simple solution.

The gray area to me is whether you include a phone on all PC's running WP8 or just the MS labeled computers. It would be good to see what comments come from this suggestion.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
What does it bring to the table? It's not released yet!

I meant what it looks like it'll bring to the table. For example; the lockdown of Biz PC's to ONLY allow software from the Windows Store, or from internally-signed software to be installed. So people couldn't just for example download and install Google Chrome.
With this alone would require most developers to code for Universal apps in the Windows Store. Thus more business application for the Windows Phone.

G.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I remember some analyst once said WP would capture 15% of the smartphone market by 2015, how has that turned out? Analysts are just paid guessers and the reality is normally far from their lofty predictions, but with the current pathetic market share of WP I think we can safety say he's wrong.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Spoken like an analyst.....

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Interesting article I found on my local news site, The Register.
Talking about businesses moving to Windows (Phone) for improved integration, which is vastly improved for Windows 10.

Sounds promising!

G.

Article: Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android ? analyst ? The Register

windows 10 will be released sometime summer of 2015. that's 4-8 months away. currently, the ios/android offerings are established, developed for, and USED daily. during the next 4-8 months, ios/android will continue to do so.

if the developers, IT guys, and purchasing agents had all the IOS/ANDROID offerings revoked on w10 launch day, it would take months to change over to windows devices exclusively, develop apps, prove them, and begin deployment. given that, no, i don't believe 2015 will be "the year of windows phone" for business.
there is also no incentive to drop their current apps/processes/development and begin new with windows. what would the incentive be exactly ? i'm not sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos