Disappearing Tiles WTF!

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
This is very strange. I am on 8.1 Cyan official release and have been for some time. A few minutes ago, I unlocked my 920 and there are a bunch of tiles missing! OK, so I will put them back. Well, then the fun began. First, I repinned Here Maps. It's the old tile (not transparent)! Then, I pinned Here Drive, same thing, but to add insult to injury, when I resize it to small, it disappears! :angry:

Two soft resets have not helped. Any ideas?

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd suggest the inevitable: Hard reset. (dun dun dun). But, as the above post says, please take a video to show what happened. It happened only once for me, and I'd like to know if we're on the same page.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are the apps on a memory card?

I had an issue and simply went back to keeping apps on the phone memory, but at 32GB I'm not pressed for space.

​I thought it was akin to the dreaded "Resume" bug.

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
OK. Sometimes, I'm so stupid it hurts!

I had used Hot Tiles to create some transparent tiles, such as Here Maps. Today, I was cleaning up some of my apps and I wound up uninstalling Hot Tiles. So, all of the tiles, that I created, went away.

So, I did a hard reset for nothing. I should slap myself.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I had a nickel for every "lesson learned" moment I've had with tech...

Hey, at least you blew out the cobwebs and got your system refreshed. Yeah, yeah, that's it; exactly what you meant to do!!!

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Funny, it never occurred to me that removing the app would kill the icons.

As I used tell my kids -- "even a bad experience is not a total loss, if you learn something from it".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999