Is it me or are there no more exciting news about WP?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
For all those moaning that nothing is happening then switch to android....quite simple really

.... What's happening in Android that's so exciting? The Lollipop phones are still a while away.
:/ Besides the new Broadwell computers coming up, I don't really see any big news on any platforms.

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
There's a lot happening in the WP world right now. 535 will be a sell-breaker this Christmas, Denim is coming to our phones before the end of the year and there are new apps weekly.

I can't see how someone can say that there's nothing new for WP in this moment: this is probably the most important moment of the history of our OS. 8.1 brought lot of new features that consumers appreciated and people are moving from iPhones and Androids. Ads about Lumia are all over the TVs (at least here in Italy).

WP is going to raise its market share A LOT in the next few months, that's what I see.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I think WP is playing this holiday season tactfully. Android has kind of hurt themselves with the Note 4 being released about six months after the Galaxy 5, which was released about three months after the Note 3. That's kind of overkill and you don't hear the rave for the Note 4 like you heard when the Note 3, and Galaxy 4. People are waiting for a new flagship from WP only because they're comparing what Samsung is doing, when the 1520 is still a very powerful flagship and the 830, 735, and 535 are great additions that offer the consumer distinctive differences and aren't overlapping other phones. Don't worry, WP is in a good place and is set up to really make an impression after Denim and Windows 10.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
For all those moaning that nothing is happening then switch to android....quite simple really

Hahahaha
This comment is very funny. You can use it anywhere.

You want Google services - switch to Android
You want apps - switch to Android

You want games. - switch to Android

You are facing issues in WP - switch to Android

You are not happy with Xbox apps - switch to Android

You are not getting job - switch to Android

You are having problem with you girlfriend - switch to Android.

Android got the all solution

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hahahaha
This comment is very funny. You can use it anywhere.

You want Google services - switch to Android
You want apps - switch to Android

You want games. - switch to Android

You are facing issues in WP - switch to Android

You are not happy with Xbox apps - switch to Android

You are not getting job - switch to Android

You are having problem with you girlfriend - switch to Android.

Android got the all solution

Except for lag, stupid battery drain and ugly apps/UI :angel:

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is any less news than before. I think we've simply grown a bit more jaded towards the updates that do show up. And it'll be a while before there is more new device hype, I think the current batch is complete with the new 830, so not much excitement going on there. Though I do wonder as to the state of the app/game updates? I remember there used to be way more Xbox game announcements.

Alij382

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there are exciting times ahead. But that's the thing, its always been "future's looking good" for a long while now. While there's no body addressing the seriousness of abandoned first part apps and lack of updates to our apps.

I mean, you'd think a year ago that developers would take this platform more seriously now, but they still don't. It's been the case for as long as WP has been around. Always with the "soon".

There isn't anything major happening on other platforms because in the audience's eyes they are complete. However WP users like myself still see a lack. I mean, I love WP and I'm sticking with it for the long run.

Just that I remember going home after a long day at work and reading so many news articles about several things for WP. Now all I read are offers for new covers or such irrelevant news on here.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've become disenchanted after Microsoft broke my heart with the McLaren cancelation. Even though I know a flagship phone similar to that eventually will come, I now take all WP related rumors with a grain of salt.
there never was a McLaren. The wife of the owner of the "reliable" source, made it up evleaks was wrong.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
there never was a McLaren. The wife of the owner of the "reliable" source, made it up evleaks was wrong.

There was a McLaren, the lead of the 3d technology that was to be in the phone was one that was laid off during the first round. He had an interview with a tech journalist that is on Youtube talking about the McLaren. The phone you are thinking of was the "leaked" 1525 which was all made up by a scam artist that bilked evleaks out of thousands of dollars raised to help with his medical condition.

Again McLaren = was a canceled project that was canceled just days before the first round of layoffs

1525 was NOT McLaren, the 1525 is a fictitious phone made up by the girlfriend of a scam artist.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Funny, those three only happens on my 1020, never happened on my S3.

Same here.

Except for lag, stupid battery drain and ugly apps/UI

Lags (often disguised as "resuming") are often on my 1020 and 930 yet I've had none whatsoever on my Z3C.
And while the 930 doesn't last me 20 hours of moderate use, my Z3C lasts me around 2 days of heavy use. So...so much for "Android's battery drain".
The apps UI...it depends. Some Android apps do have an ugly UI. But so do many WP apps. That's the fault of developers with poor taste, not of the OS itself.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
MS announcement/release schedule is totally screwed up and is contributing to this lack of anything.
They announce something so freaking early that is still like 3-4 months or later from release. Ideally you want it to be 1-2months at most, otherwise you lose all that fresh information/momentum/hype that you just built up. So by the time whatever it is they announce actually gets released, the next round of rumors and stuff should start finding their way around the interwebs.

And now it seems like they are putting their stock into windows 10, but its still a long ways off. so what do they have in the meantime between now and april 2015ish (since that's usually the time build happens and when they announce the windows phones versions/upgrades)
They need Something, ANYTHING as a stopgap to at least keep the users interested (could have a been something like a 'Lumia 935' which could be a smaller exact carbon copy of a 1520 but with a snapdragon 801, or it could have been updated office apps that match the new ios ones, etc) but they have nothing. Nothing of note to hold anyone's interest for the next 6 months or so. Or at least nothing that anyone knows of. All they've been doing lately is updating apps for android/ios and just raging the wp users who will have none of the improvements in those same apps because they're all expected to wait until windows10, and there is no guarantee of any kind of success or failure with windows 10.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
There's more to creating new phones than for the sake of us to simply rave about having the latest technology although most wont come close to using it. People talk about the Snapdragon 801 like its light years beyond the 800. Even the 805 under most operations doesn't show its superiority. It's simply getting over the impulse of wanting something new, for the sake of wanting something new. What benefit would MSFT have in bringing out a 1520, or 1020 predecessor now, with Windows 10 right around the corner? Especially when the 1520 still holds its own to the latest Apple and Android competition, despite being a year old?? Just to satisfy a few peoples lack of insight and willpower? MSFT is changing their paradigm when it comes to their phone and that takes time. The 830, 735, and 535 are all great additions that provide those with an amazing WP experience. I'm completely satisfied with my 1520 and don't think anything along the lines of a predecessor should come out until Windows 10 is in DP, so you can ship the new phones with it installed like the 830 and Denim. If you really feel you need an 801 or 805 processor now, than you should get an Android phone. They're big on specs rhetoric.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Tough times ahead, until Windows 10 preview for phones get released. I really am not expecting anything until the year ends. That, including VLC. Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss