The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-01-2016 04:28 PM
98 123 ...
tools
    Not more than a year ago I remember looking forward to each new week as a week filled with a lot of news about updates, apps, devices, features. Every week there had to be at least one new exciting thing. Whether it's a facebook update or a new device leak. Now every week is progressively slower than the previous. News are so slow, no app news, slow updates.

What is happening?
    ajcletus500 and Shobin Drogan like this.
    11-22-2014 04:44 AM
    The big news will happen when Windows 10 is released.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    11-22-2014 04:50 AM
    I agree, the WP news on this site is fewer and far between these days as are my visits here. For a non US citizen who doesn't care about the US carrier related news and whining it's even less interesting.
    11-22-2014 04:56 AM
    Let's wait for WP 8.2 for time being...
    11-22-2014 05:01 AM
    I don't think if they are in a mood to release update 2. They seem to have shifted their focus towards windows 10 for pc.
    11-22-2014 05:03 AM
    I don't think if they are in a mood to release update 2. They seem to have shifted their focus towards windows 10 for pc.
    Since Windows 10 is essentially the same OS on PC's, Tablets, Phones they have to do them in tandem. Who knows what the part of the team focused on the Phone and Consumer releases are working on at the moment. The only thing we have seen from Windows 10 so far has been what the enterprise side is doing. We will find out what they have been cooking in due course.
    11-22-2014 09:50 PM
    Not more than a year ago I remember looking forward to each new week as a week filled with a lot of news about updates, apps, devices, features. Every week there had to be at least one new exciting thing. Whether it's a facebook update or a new device leak. Now every week is progressively slower than the previous. News are so slow, no app news, slow updates.

What is happening?
    I've become disenchanted after Microsoft broke my heart with the McLaren cancelation. Even though I know a flagship phone similar to that eventually will come, I now take all WP related rumors with a grain of salt.
    11-22-2014 10:03 PM
    No more exciting and interesting thing in WP. All we have is about hope. Hope something exciting comes. But MS will never make it happen. Slow support in WP.
    MS realize that WP can't compete with another os. So they're lazy to update their own os.
    11-22-2014 10:27 PM
    I got an interesting news.
    VLC coming soon on WP probably this week.
    k0de likes this.
    11-22-2014 10:45 PM

What is happening?
    Excuse my Spanglish. But I think is you.

There is alot of exciting stuff happening around here. Hmm lets see.

1. Windows Phone HTC One M8 now available at ATT and T-Mobile.

2. The affordable Lumia 830 making headlines news.

3. Battery saver updated. I don't know about you. But finally I can use my Lumia with out recharging for 12hrs.

4. Windows 10 available for download for those who want it.

5. And lots more. Sorry I can't list them all. The list is to long to list every single one on this thread,

Oh one last thing you better get up to speed with ICYMI from Windows Central.

There is plenty of interesting stuff happening around here or maybe is just me ;-).
    Last edited by k0de; 11-23-2014 at 12:06 AM.
    Beppe Gissi and ajb1965 like this.
    11-22-2014 11:42 PM
    The big news will happen when Windows 10 is released.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    Hahahahahaha. Windows 10. Right.
    11-22-2014 11:54 PM
    Hahahahahaha. Windows 10. Right.
    What's so funny about Windows 10? Your reply is non productive. Please explain.
    11-23-2014 12:02 AM
    April 2015 , wp10 release.. Same time we will see next windows phone flagship... So may June July for general release... ,
    11-23-2014 01:26 AM
    I doubt that wp10 will releases in april 2015. Maybe will take longer than expected. Just my feeling, don't know why.
    11-23-2014 01:31 AM
    All phones are like this. It'll go weeks and months without major news. This one is no different.
    11-23-2014 02:27 AM
    More details about Windows 10 running on phones may be announced in April 2015, but I doubt it will be actually running on our phones before autumn 2015. Look at WP 8.1 - still unavailable for so many users.

Windows Phone has been boring fit nearly a year now. No flagships, no excitement, no headlines. It's pathetic how they announce something like Windows 10 a year before majority of phone users will be able to put their hands on it. Nothing feasible in the meantime. Nothing.
    Last edited by gizzzmo; 11-23-2014 at 03:52 AM.
    11-23-2014 02:52 AM
    Uh... We've gotten 5 or 6 updates for our OS this year... It's more than any other year. And you're complaining about "no headlines" and in the next sentence you complain that they aren't announcing anything yet... How does that work?
    Nicholas Maguire likes this.
    11-23-2014 03:59 AM
    Uh... We've gotten 5 or 6 updates for our OS this year... It's more than any other year. And you're complaining about "no headlines" and in the next sentence you complain that they aren't announcing anything yet... How does that work?
    Two updates. 8.1 and GDR1
    11-23-2014 04:15 AM
    Excuse my Spanglish. But I think is you.

There is alot of exciting stuff happening around here. Hmm lets see.

1. Windows Phone HTC One M8 now available at ATT and T-Mobile.

2. The affordable Lumia 830 making headlines news.

3. Battery saver updated. I don't know about you. But finally I can use my Lumia with out recharging for 12hrs.

4. Windows 10 available for download for those who want it.

5. And lots more. Sorry I can't list them all. The list is to long to list every single one on this thread,

Oh one last thing you better get up to speed with ICYMI from Windows Central.

There is plenty of interesting stuff happening around here or maybe is just me ;-).
    You only listed one thing that applied, the 830.

Windows 10 can't be downloaded for phones.

A carrier deciding to offer a phone is not exciting good news, its a perpetuation of an atrocity. If Shell refused to sell you gas if you had a certain kind of car would you praise them if they finally stooped to do so?

You getting better battery life is exciting news?

I think you convinced me the OP is right! LoL
    11-23-2014 04:48 AM
    Patience is what we all should have... WP has come a loooong way.... Nd still has leaps and bounds to go....ms cancelled McLaren that doesn't mean they aren't working on something new ...may be something even better than McLaren... See how spontaneously the Ms Band was launched the whole health program from,Ms...the integration between all stuff windows....the possibilities are opening up like crazy....but yes we will have to wait....
    k0de, Etios and ajb1965 like this.
    11-23-2014 05:40 AM
    For all those moaning that nothing is happening then switch to android....quite simple really
    k0de, Geddeeee and ajb1965 like this.
    11-23-2014 05:47 AM
    For all those moaning that nothing is happening then switch to android....quite simple really
    .... What's happening in Android that's so exciting? The Lollipop phones are still a while away.
    :/ Besides the new Broadwell computers coming up, I don't really see any big news on any platforms.
    11-23-2014 09:15 AM
    There's a lot happening in the WP world right now. 535 will be a sell-breaker this Christmas, Denim is coming to our phones before the end of the year and there are new apps weekly.

I can't see how someone can say that there's nothing new for WP in this moment: this is probably the most important moment of the history of our OS. 8.1 brought lot of new features that consumers appreciated and people are moving from iPhones and Androids. Ads about Lumia are all over the TVs (at least here in Italy).

WP is going to raise its market share A LOT in the next few months, that's what I see.
    11-23-2014 09:25 AM
    I think WP is playing this holiday season tactfully. Android has kind of hurt themselves with the Note 4 being released about six months after the Galaxy 5, which was released about three months after the Note 3. That's kind of overkill and you don't hear the rave for the Note 4 like you heard when the Note 3, and Galaxy 4. People are waiting for a new flagship from WP only because they're comparing what Samsung is doing, when the 1520 is still a very powerful flagship and the 830, 735, and 535 are great additions that offer the consumer distinctive differences and aren't overlapping other phones. Don't worry, WP is in a good place and is set up to really make an impression after Denim and Windows 10.
    k0de likes this.
    11-23-2014 09:46 AM
    Hahahaha
    This comment is very funny. You can use it anywhere.

You want Google services - switch to Android
    You want apps - switch to Android

You want games. - switch to Android

You are facing issues in WP - switch to Android

You are not happy with Xbox apps - switch to Android

You are not getting job - switch to Android

You are having problem with you girlfriend - switch to Android.

Android got the all solution
    11-23-2014 11:01 AM
98 123 ...