Black vs White. Which theme do you use?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure? Light theme is actually marginally BETTER than dark theme for LCD screens. The phone should not give that prompt with an LCD.
Definitely did give me that prompt on the 1520 the second I selected the light theme. Love to verify but I no longer own the phone. Perhaps a current owner can enable the light theme on their 1520 and screen cap it?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Definitely did give me that prompt on the 1520 the second I selected the light theme. Love to verify but I no longer own the phone. Perhaps a current owner can enable the light theme on their 1520 and screen cap it?
I have a 1520 and switch between the light and dark theme all the time... have never had any "prompt" or message pop up... because it DOES NOT matter on LCD screened phones!

Maybe there was a bug in the OS that has since been patched up, or maybe you're mistaken, and remember seeing that message from another phone... but LCD screens, as I posted earlier in this thread, do not require any extra power to display a white background vs black... LCD screens are backlit all the time when on, no matter what color the pixels are! Brightness yes, but what colors the pixels are, no.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I use white with crimson, because I gotta support the team! However, my alma mater is now using a third jersey--black--so it's all getting very confusing....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have used the dark theme on every WP device I've ever used, start from my Mozart, no matter the screen quality or type. I like the white theme with some colors though, but dark all the way.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234