Still Confused - User Reviews Needed for Buying Best Lumia

Vishnu Dharmapal

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
In My list only two Lumia phones 1520 & 930. If anyone have these two phones using please suggest me the which one is the best. I needed its reason & what are the pros & cons about these two phones & another thing I need to know Is Microsoft Launching any other flagship phone soon ? Mainly I need this review so windows phone users kindly help me to buy a best windows phone.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had both at the same time. I still have the 1520.

I find better at the 1520:
Battery is amazing.
LCD screen, whites and white theme does not consume more battery.
SD card.
Typing is great, you can really type long emails etc, because you never need to turn your device to landscape. I let go my Surface RT, I rarely used it and now I can do things with my phone I couldn't do with a smaller screen.
The size of the 1520 is both, a pro and a con, depending what you are doing at that specific time.

One con about the 1520 are the buttons, they are little too flushed to the housing and sometimes hard to find.

On the 930 the screen colors are amazingly bright. But like I said above, whites consume a lot more battery and you want to stay away from whites in long use.
The buttons sit higher and can be found more easily by feel.
Also the size can be better for some people.

I really just hope, that merging RT with WP brings phablet functions to the 1520.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Look here, "best" is highly subjective.
Best for me is not the best for many other people.

It is highly dependent on what you value, as I've said in other places.
Low price? The 1520 could be the worst.
Photography chops? 1020 is king.
etc.
etc.

The 1520 and 930 are about the same under the hood. (they have the same specifications)
Physically, the 1520 is much larger than the 930, but also has a different design.
The 930 has a metal border with a "pillowed" plastic back. The 1520 is more, well, you can see from photos.
The size is a big sticking point for me, but many enjoy phones like the 1520 and Galaxy Note.

You're looking at a 6" IPS LCD screen vs. a 5" AMOLED screen. Both are at 1080p.
Which screen tech is better? that's subjective, but they are definitely different.
worth noting that the 1520 has "Glance" a seemingly insignificant feature, but one that many, including me, value highly.

the 1520 has a microSD card slot, which the 930 does not have. Both have 32 GB of storage and Qi wireless charging. (except in the case of the AT&T 1520 in the USA, which mainly has 16 GB, there is a 32 GB model, and no Qi.)

The battery in the 1520 is larger, and life is superior.

The 930 might have SensorCore, which IIRC isn't in the 1520?
Not something I care about though, but someone else might.

Those are most of the differences at least, I feel I've missed some spots.

No flagship on the horizon.

EDIT: actually, you may want to read this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/324660-just-grabbed-930-a.html

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Before anyone can answer for you, you need to list what is important to you in a smartphone. Does size matter? Does having expandable memory (microSD) matter? Is the Camera important (do you want the BEST camera, or will a pretty good camera suffice). Is Qi wireless charging important? How about screen type (LCD vs AMOLED)? Do you want a device that is newer, thus will probably have greater chance to be updated longer?

Asking these questions first to yourself will significantly narrow down the results.

Does size matter? The 1520 is bigger. Do you want expandable memory? The 930 Lacks this. Search camera comparisons between the two if the camera is important to you. Glance screen? The 930 doesn't have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The battery was the main thing for me... On the 1520 the battery is just amazing. You can really do hours of work and whatever on your phone and still don't need to charge it in the afternoon.

On the 930 I felt the battery is close to what I had on my Lumia 920. I changed the 920 to the Ativ S mainly because of the poor battery. I got approx 20% more time from the Ativ, which I was happy with for 1 ? years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss