I switched from Android to WP a couple of months ago (Nokia Lumia 1520). So far, I'm pleasantly surprised. But there's one problem that's on my list of "Why to Switch from WP". The app searching capability is horrible. When searching online on the Windows Phone store, I often have to type the app name exactly correct for it to come up. Sometimes even if I do this, the app still doesn't show in the results. For example, when I typed "6snap", it doesn't show in the results. Other snapchat clients pop up, but not 6snap. I had to type "6snap" in Google to get to the app page.

This is ridiculous. I don't know how iPhone is, but Android is superior. Who knows what Windows apps might be available but I'm not seeing them because the search results aren't showing relevant apps.

Does this annoy anyone else?
    11-25-2014 11:21 AM
    Haven't noticed this myself. I just searched for 6snap on my phone and it was the 2nd item in the search results.

edit: When you say "searching online on the windows phone store" how exactly are you searching? Using your phone, or using a browser? If using a browser, are you sure you were searching the WP8.1 store and not the Win 8.1 store?
    11-25-2014 01:02 PM
    I was searching on here: The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States)

I like to use my computer to research apps.

It's a problem I've noticed with other apps as well. If the name wasn't exactly correct, sometimes apps wouldn't pop up. This might be a minor issue to some, but it's a problem that annoys me more and more.
    11-26-2014 08:11 AM
    Hmmm.... this happened to me too. Tried to re-install some of the camera app (Lumia Camera Classic instead of Nokia Camera) and I can't find it anywhere in the Store. Same thing happened to "ProShot". And I login to the web store and did the search again, no luck either. The only way i could re-download "ProShot" is goto "MyApp"(Download history) and re-download it. For Lumia Camera Classic, i got it via a link posted by John Callaham.
    11-26-2014 12:34 PM