Windows Phone is complicated...

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
That's what a store rep told my friend when she asked for the low down on windows phone. She was also told that BB10 is the best thing since sliced bread and she should look no further. *shocked*

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That's what a store rep told my friend when she asked for the low down on windows phone. She was also told that BB10 is the best thing since sliced bread and she should look no further. *shocked*
complicated?! compared to what? iOS? android? BB? I have used WP, iOS and android.
all are easy to use. it's a matter of getting used to how each OS works and how it works for the user.
no complications from my point of view.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It could be complicated depending on how tech savvy you are and where you are coming from. I sometimes find myself being remedial/ignorant using other mobile OS after extended stays away.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It could be complicated depending on how tech savvy you are and where you are coming from. I sometimes find myself being remedial/ignorant using other mobile OS after extended stays away.

However, Windows Phone is a list and big tiles. What's the complication.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
However, Windows Phone is a list and big tiles. What's the complication.

The only complication is if you are not used to it. I remember when I first got a WP after using Android for awhile. WP seemed harder to use, albeit for only a few seconds! I agree with GabrielStorm a few posts up; none of the OSs are complicated, as long as you're used to them.

I do agree with most here that for someone who has never used a smartphone, WP is probably the simplest. In my experience WP becomes more complicated when you start doing more than the very basic tasks.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I could not believe somebody recommending bb 10 os.plz post such article in crackberry they would be very happy that bb is getting recommended.
From Windows phone

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Still don't understand why so many people actually listen to the clueless reps in stores. No logical person would allow someone else to tell them what they should buy and the person goes along with it without question. Whatever happened to thinking for yourself?

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
What? Windows phone are complicated?
I guess who ever is saying this would have found 2+2=4 difficult in his childhood too.

How about 1+0=?
I can't solve it.. Oooooh! To complicated....

U know what.

best +easy +smooth= windows phone

Last edited by a moderator:

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Still don't understand why so many people actually listen to the clueless reps in stores. No logical person would allow someone else to tell them what they should buy and the person goes along with it without question. Whatever happened to thinking for yourself?

Absolutely, especially with the amount of research you can do online, from reading reviews and forums, to seeing the OS/phone in-use on YouTube. Though the same thing happens with elections, with people claiming they haven't been given enough information, as though the internet doesn't exist. People have no excuse not to be informed. If you need some monkey in a shop to guide you, it's probably wiser to hold onto your money for now.

qnc

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
The store rep that said that was a complete and utter moron especially if he/she was recommending BB10.
Windows phone is one of the easier to switch to from another OS.
In my experience the store reps are clueless in what a consumer really wants. Especially when an educated customer goes to the store.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
My best friend just moved from Android to a L930. I told him I'd give him a crash course once he got it but never ended up taking me up on showing him the basics. He called me a few times frustrated out of his mind because he couldn't figure out a few simple tasks. I've showed him a few simple things since then and he's beginning to appreciate it more. But I can see it being a considerable transition coming from Android.

As for BB10 being the recommended OS... The only place I can see that convo happening would be here in Toronto. Because WP is nearly non-existent and BB still holds considerable marketshare. Of 10 people, 4 on my team at work have BB's, one iPhone, and the rest Android. Then there's me, the only guy in the entire company of 600 people with a Windows Phone lol. I get ripped all the time about it. But I honestly like the attention my L1520 gets, whether it's negative or postive.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
if people cared about "complicated" Android wouldn't be the one selling most. because it's an horrible mess of OS. I have access to an old phone, but two of my sisters have android and I have used VM to run some apps on my pc. and I just miss Windows Phone whenever I use those things, because Android makes me want to stop using the phone or something.

"store rep" well he probably was getting some commission for selling blackberries... that's not a surprise and I think those kind of things shouldn't be allowed. of course they would tell you anything can be easier, if they get extra money for that. orrrrrr he was just a fan of blackberry, you don't know that.
so the problem here it's they "tell" but why not show it? he still would make BB phone look easier than WP but "telling" can be full of lies, while showing can avoid most of them. it's like comparing food without taste it, and only believe a random guy you don't know "this is the best and the other is not" so people should use the phones instead of listening, especially when it comes to WP, you know, everyone vs WP/Microsoft it seems. ^_____^

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I use several OS's on a varity of different devices. Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows 8.1, Linux, Android (Google version), ANdroid (Amazon version), WP8.1. etc. None are any harder to use than any other. I use at least three or four different ones everyday. Its like saying Firefox is easier (or harder) to use than Explorer. They're just different from one another. Nor harder or easier.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Can we all calm the hell down? OP was talking to a BB fan boy who subsequently went onto Crackberry and bragged how "I preached BB10 to the world. Comeback!" There's no issue here.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
if people cared about "complicated" Android wouldn't be the one selling most. because it's an horrible mess of OS.

I think that is mainly because Android is/was the king of low end devices. It's not as though at the rising of Android you could purchase a low end Blackberry device or iPhone.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
You're all getting your knots in a bunch. WP is complicated to the inexperienced just like how BB is, iOS is, Android is to the inexperience.

Think of it this way, let's say you swap your Windows PC for a Linux PC, you wouldn't figure out half of the things in less than 10 minutes. You would have to learn new things to be efficient on Linux and vise versa (Linux to Windows).

My first smartphone was the iPhone 3GS, it wasn't complicated for me per say because I was always a tech-savvy person but to the average joe who doesn't know a lot about tech, it is very complicated. Can you imagine when people went from the old blackberry devices to iPhones? They had to relearn just about everything.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what's worse. The fact that the sales rep didn't have a clue or the fact a clueless customer asked for a clueless sales rep for advice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077