Windows 8.1 apps bug?

mcbeastly

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi
In the last couple of weeks my windows 8.1 install is having problems with apps. When I first start up they run fine. Then, randomly, but usually within an hour or two, some apps won't launch (microsoft jigsaw, News, Calendar are recent examples). Restarting the computer brings them back to normal, but then after a few hours the problems reappears.

Oddly, the failed-to-launch apps show up in the task bar but clicking on them just makes the screen flash with a brief image of the apps' splash screen with an instant return to the desktop.

Anyone else seeing this problem, or know how to fix it?

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had that recently as well.

In my case it ties in with problems with Emsisoft software.

Download and run the repair software from tweaking.com, specifically the section to do with Windows 8 store and everything will be better.

mcbeastly

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it hasn't helped.

I've now found that when the bug appears, not a single 'app store' app will run. They all will appear minimised on the task bar, but clicking on them produces nothing more than a flash and then back to the desktop.

I also tried system restore, but alas, there was only one restore point available and it was just a week old - the problem has been around for 2-3 weeks now. I was hoping it was a bug introduced by one of the Patch Tuesday efforts but noone else seems to having the problem. I suspect a re-install of the OS will be coming up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad