Windows Phone on track of LAGGINESS ????

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 520 , Windows phone 8 used used to be very fast no lag no blank tiles , than popped in windows phone 8.1 and that charm lost not completely but still Windows phone started to Lag, add to it low quality apps that never gets updates fixes. Will Windows 10 fix this ?? Will the UI, Sorted settings menu , efficient utilization of screen space will be fixed by Windows 10, Data settings, Equalizer for all devices , Better notification center , the interactive lock screen ever come to Windows 10 what will happen if windows 10 won't bring SUPER MAJOR CHANGES will windows phone survive and the way Microsoft focusing on other platforms are we windows phone fans , users will be treated fairly. ????

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 521 also lags quite a bit and pages often freeze while web browsing. My mom's 635 does not lag however, and I will upgrade to something else soon.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I recommend a hard reset to try to keep things running relatively smoothly.

In handling my sister's 521 on 8.1, it doesn't seem to be running too badly.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a 635. It's great, but it has 512Mb and 8GB of space. It's great, but storage/ram amount, not enough for me. (I'm a hardcore downloader xD)

Silver Wind

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree on the lag. My L920 lags quite a bit too now. A factory reset would be quite costly both in terms of apps and files, so I think I'll wait before migrating to an L930. Still it's troubling.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
8.1 introduced a lot of stutters and performance issues. My dad's 920 running the latest dp stutters like crazy in the games hub, files app, camera app, and the pictures gallery. My 820 in comparison is silky smooth.

Aleksandar Andreev

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 920 is running cyan and 8.1,and I have no issues at all,it runs smooth,no lags,no app problems,it seems fine for now,maybe you guys just don`t have enough storage left.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
You can blame the new Runtime for this mess, actually. Even those 'loading' and 'resuming' screens that you see in Skype but not in Office.

Since 8.1 for both PC and phone, Microsoft, while continuing to offer Silverlight, is ditching it mostly and adopting the WinRT model for universal apps. But there are a lot of things that Silverlight has that WinRT doesn't yet, such as 'running under the lockscreen'. You can see this behaviour when you lock your phone over a running app and then unlock it to see a resuming screen. They're working on converging these issues, from what I've read around the web, but I don't know when they'll come.

In short, MS has a lot of bugs to iron out of the runtime but when they do you'll probably see the levels of smoothness that the Silverlight-heavy WP 7 and 8 had.

Last edited:

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Haven't had the blank tiles in a while. Not since I cleared my phone storage and moved everything that allowed me to, to SD card. No lag whatsoever. Lumia 625.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
When you use
Music,Video and game hub then WP is the laggiest OS.

In my opinion
WP 8 was most fluid OS
then WP8.1 is like a roller coaster
and W10 .....let see how this OS perform

I heard from many WP users that WP7 was even more fluid and faster than WP8.

Last edited:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have always had laginess and jitters (specially when swiping the notification center) with my test Lumia 520. I have no issues on my 928 or Icon so perhaps it's a low-end phone problem.

startrunner

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Go to battery sense and only keep background services for things you REALLY need. Push notifications used for live tile information and IM notifications will still work. This improves the overall performance of my 520. But the 520 is still a low-end device and you should have seen that coming when you bought it. Don't expect WP 10 to run very smoothly on it.

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I solved the problem for my 521. I think it is a Dev Preview problem.
I used the Nokia Recovery Tool and put the official, "regular" supported version on my phone and there is no more lag and no more resuming screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077