So I thought I'd give WP 8.1 a go to see how I like it. By way of background, I love my SP3, so I thought marrying phone and laptop/tablet may make sense. I bought a Lumia 928, got it yesterday and am using it full-time this week (including a business trip in the middle).

I'm hoping to ask some questions to get tips and avoid some frustration. The thread should evolve through the week.

So here goes.

This morning I had to send two attachments that were on an email from two weeks ago to a different receiver. I had to:
    1. Attach a PDF and an Excel file
    2. Send the email either without history, or as a new email (I couldn't share history for confidentiality reasons)

I couldn't find a way to save the PDF on my phone separately from the email. That prevented my from being able to attach it to a new email. I also couldn't share it from Adobe Reader or PDF Reader without it being on OneDrive and sharing a link (impossible, receiver can't access OneDrive through our firewall). I ended up having to go to Outlook Web Access and do it through IE.

Is there a way I can do this efficiently?
    12-02-2014 01:20 PM
    Unfortunately pdf and Word documents saved from email are tied to their respective hubs and can only be shared individually from each hub.

However, if you access email via a browser on your phone you could download the file to documents folder, then use the Metromail app to send the attachments.
    Laura Knotek, aximtreo and jonty12 like this.
    12-02-2014 01:29 PM
    Thanks. Once I was in the browser, I just forwarded the original email, deleted the history, and sent it. No need at that stage to go to Metromail. Just a PIA to do it in the browser.
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-02-2014 01:57 PM