I can't believe that the OS setup allows garbage devs to hide their app from notification blockage by hijacking our alarm clocks and leaving us with no way to stop it. If I download one more app that activates my alarm clock to tell me I haven't used their app in 12 hours l, I'm going to puke. The apps should be pulled.

Anyone find a work around to stop this other than uninstalling the app?
    12-02-2014 03:45 PM
    I feel every bit of what you're feeling. First app was Gameloft and them using the calendar notifications. Anyway, I haven't found a work around, best thing is to check the settings on those apps and see if there is a setting to turn off.
    12-02-2014 04:11 PM
    I guess that I haven't downloaded that many games because I have never seen this issue (I am now tapping my wooden desk )
    12-02-2014 05:11 PM
    I guess that I haven't downloaded that many games because I have never seen this issue (I am now tapping my wooden desk )
    Trust me. It's maddening when you're alarm goes off at 2am to tell you that your sheep in farm I'll are dying for your attention. If a dev uses this tactic, everyone of his apps should be pulled immediately. This whole thing drives me nuts. I can't believe that they don't get that this doesn't get us to use the app more, but to delete it as quick as we can.
    12-02-2014 08:57 PM
    I have seen that before, mainly Gameloft games. Some have an option to turn toast notifications and such off, but for the rest, I just revoke background running privileges in Battery Saver. Seems to work for me.
    12-02-2014 09:31 PM
    I have seen that before, mainly Gameloft games. Some have an option to turn toast notifications and such off, but for the rest, I just revoke background running privileges in Battery Saver. Seems to work for me.
    Games like the new Farmville game don't give you the option to revoke in battery saver. I don't know how the devs were able to make their app void of being shut down by background settings, but they do it.
    12-03-2014 12:35 AM