Does the time reset when you take the battery out?

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Time and Project my screen app info

I have 2 questions in mind:-( i have lumia 730 and lumia 535)
1) When the battery is taken out, does the time reset in the latest lumia phones?? I assume there must be a cmos type thingy in the phone which saves clock time, and so shouldnt get reset. My lumia 730 doesnt get reset, but 535 does..???

2) does "project my screen app for windows phone" work with both phones ???
I am talking about the one which has to be installed in the laptop, and via usb connection, projection of windows phone can be established. because my lumia 730 can be projected easily, but not the lumia 535??? does it depend on the type of usb cable ??? For lumia 730, i use the nokia data cable, but for lumia 535, i use a local one.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
1) There is no CMOS battery in phones. When the batter is taken out, the phone cannot retain information. Like any digital circuit, the phone would hold some information for a while till the capacitors completely drain out. So to answer your question, no the phone does not save clock time once the battery is removed

2) Project my screen functionality is available for both 535 and 730. 730 supports both wireless and wired while the 535 only wired. The wired one needs the original cable

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
1) There is no CMOS battery in phones. When the batter is taken out, the phone cannot retain information. Like any digital circuit, the phone would hold some information for a while till the capacitors completely drain out. So to answer your question, no the phone does not save clock time once the battery is removed

2) Project my screen functionality is available for both 535 and 730. 730 supports both wireless and wired while the 535 only wired. The wired one needs the original cable

Thank you so much for your answer. But I cannot use project app for Lumia 535, there was no cable provided. And from other Nokia USB cable, it's not working. Pls help and suggest
Also, can you tell me how to use wireless projection in Lumia 730, do I need specific hardware for that.
I would really appreciate the answers. Ty

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for your answer. But I cannot use project app for Lumia 535, there was no cable provided. And from other Nokia USB cable, it's not working. Pls help and suggest
Also, can you tell me how to use wireless projection in Lumia 730, do I need specific hardware for that.
I would really appreciate the answers. Ty

For wireless projection, you need a Miracast receiver. Some Samsung TVs support it natively (screen share), some need a dongle. Also I believe you need a factory original cable (or a good quality) for the screen share to work on a PC using the 535

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss